Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hi Family

Hello!

Thanks for your letters and your pictures! I hope Isaac and Taniel get that house! It looks so cute!

It was so fun to see Uncle Steve and Aunt Kathy! Sister Pryde took them on tour and then called me and said there were some visitors there for me. Fortunately (for this situation, unfortunately otherwise), my companion was sick, so we were just down at our apartment rather than far away out in our area. So we came up and they told me to go into the theater. Sister Pryde wouldn't tell me who it was. I was figuring it would be some obscure person-- oh yeah-- Someone from Isaac and Taniel's ward came in this week too and said Hi to me.. anyway, so I walk into the theater and there they are!!! It was so fun to see them again! They are so sweet to come and see the Trail Center and see me. I think my favorite part was that it just was nice to have family around and to get excited to see all of you again soon! It was so sweet of them and I'm glad that they came in!!!

Thanksgiving was great! We started the day by "gratitude attacking" all of the Senior couples. For the last few weeks, every sister has made a leaf that says what she is grateful for for every senior couple, then we taped them on their doors on Thanksgiving morning. They all loved it! Then we came back and made some green bean casserole then went to the Trail Center. We got to watch the movie BRAVE! That was crazy!!! It was weird to watch real movies, but very fun. Anyway, then we had a big dinner with everyone- complete with nut cups. Then we had a musical performance by all the sisters and then we watched the Best Two Years. It was a lot of fun. It was such a great Thanksgiving!

Then the next day we had to make the new TC schedule with all of the Gingerbread and Mall Performances. It was so crazy to organize it! But it's all done! Woohoo! Then we were inside for the rest of the week because Sister Arnold's eye was going crazy! It was super swollen and hurt her pretty bad- we went to the Doctor this morning and it turns out she had a minor infection, but we've got some antibiotics and she will be fine.

Anywho...

I am so tired and all I want to do is take a nap :)

I'm impressed with Jared for sending such a long letter. And, yes, Mavis Beacon typing games did help- a lot hahaha.

This week in pictures:

1-Last week we dyed Sis Arnolds hair- for the first time and made Monster Pops- courtesy of Michelle

2- One of the nut cups :)

3- Sis. Arnold and I sitting down to watch Brave



Mom asked about what I want in a Christmas package-- I don't totally want any Christmas presents, I rather just have money to pay for my phone bill when I get home or buy new clothes. I won't really be able to pack a lot of it home anyway. But, if we're talking PRE-Christmas packages, then I would love matching Christmas jammies for me and Sis. Arnold. That's really all I can think of.

On Sunday, we were asked to perform a musical number for one of the nearby wards. They've never had a musical number so Sis. Arnold and I went and she played the piano while I sang. The ward LOVED it. We did a medley of If the Savior Stood Beside Me and Teach Me to Walk in the Light. It was great. The Bishop went around afterwards asking for people to volunteer to have a musical number because they liked them so much! Awesome.

I'm sorry this letter isn't better... I'm super tired and I still have to write a letter to President. I love you all a lot! Please keep emailing me and sending me letters/pictures :) You're the best family in the world. This gospel is true and I have never been happier.

Love,
Sister Proctor

 4- Sis. Arnold's eye


 5- Aunt Kathy and Uncle Steve!
6- Someone's investigator gave a ton of hot chocolate packets to all of the Sisters here. It was just like being at home having so many delicious hot chocolate options.

No comments: