Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 3, 2012

Hello Family!

Christmas is in the air and I am loving it!!! It hasn't even snowed here yet. It kind of flurried, but it's been great. It's like 60 degrees too, which is awesome. Awesome for missionaries, not awesome for all the farmers since Nebraska was in a huge drought this summer and probably will be next summer...

I got an awesome package from Michelle! It was fun to see some of those videos! I plan on watching them all today. They were pretty hilarious and fun to see the kids. Thanks to the best nieces and nephews in the world for that awesome shirt! I love it!

This week was great, we went to the eye doctor to figure out Sis. Arnold's eyes, and he couldn't figure out anything, but when we were in the clinic that night, one of the pharmacists said that when you turn the furnace on then it dries out your eyes and so we got a humidifier and all was well! Super convenient. We did a Christmas performance at the clinic. Everyone there LOVED it! Oh my gosh, the head doctor there is SO nice. He love Sister Arnold and I. He got us tickets to this Beatles tribute band because Sis. Arnold had mentioned that she liked the Beatles. Obviously, we can't go, but it was so nice of him.

We found an awesome part member family that is so great! They have two little boys who are so sweet and they have a bunch of Mormon friends and so they loved having us over there. Pray for them. Pray that we will be able to teach them and get them baptized!

On Saturday we had a super awesome training about Gratitude. We had several sisters share experiences about Gratitude. I shared Alma 26:16. I still can't get through that verse without bawling. Like Jared mentioned in his letter, we have SO MUCH to be grateful for!

I hope you all watched the First Presidency Devotional. It was SO good!!! Oh I love listening to our Prophet and Apostles. Their messages were so good! If you didn't watch it last night, watch it tonight for Family Night.

Speaking of Christmas, it is going to be our P-day so we can skype pretty much anytime. I would like to skype with Jared... in fact I was wondering what you thought about me just spending most of my time skyping with Jared, since I will see you 10 days later... :|

Let me have one moment of being trunky-- Yesterday was Fast Sunday, and I realized that next Fast Sunday I will be home and I will be able to make a delicious dessert!! ahhh! Crazy. Also, can we please go to Cafe Rio on the way home from the airport? Enough about that.

Sorry if my letter is really scatterbrained, I'm emailing back and forth with Laura right now.

Jared's letter inspired me to write one like His: Sometimes it gets kind of cold at night, and I have to get out of bed to turn on my electric blanket- but some people don't have an electric blanket. Sometimes, I get sick of eating out all the time, but some people don't even have Senior Couples to take them out to dinner. Sometimes, I don't like having to pay quarters to do laundry, but the Laundry Room is just down the stairs and it only takes an hour to wash and dry all our clothes. Sometimes, it's hard to fall asleep worrying that I'm going to roll off the bed, but then I realize, that some people don't have two mattresses to make their bed extra high and extra comfy. Sometimes, the iPad's screen gets really dirty looking, but some people don't even have iPads. Sometimes, it's hard to deal with all the fame and the popularity, but some people don't even get to sing in Malls once a week :)  Hahahah! Obviously it's a bit sarcastic, but oh what a difference between my mission and Jared's mission. And yet, somehow, we are still doing the same great work. Different conveniences, but the same work. That's cool.

Welp, I love you all! Keep up the good work!

When is the Christmas Chocolate party and do I get any of it?!

Do you have the Christmas tree up yet? please keep it up through January :)

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Proctor

1- Elder Watson bought a Popcorn popper then didn't want it, so he gave it to me. It's awesome and I'm totally bringing it home.

 2- My awesome Christmas present that I apparently opened up too early :)


3- Sweet Christmas house
 4- This car was in the parking lot at the TC
 5- It is so foggy here all the time!!!


6- A bad pic of us performing at the clinic

1 comment:

Giovanni Carlo said...

I would love to watch a Beatles tribute band too
lynyrd skynyrd tribute bands