Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference-David F. Evans


Hello Family!
This week has been great! General Conference was amazing!!! We watched the first session at M's house with some other recent converts, which was AMAZING. Then we watched the 2nd one at the Stake Center. Then on Sunday morning we were in the TC, so I only got bits and pieces of it, and then watched the last one in the Stake Center. Man, I just LOVE general conference! It's amazing! One of my favorite talks was by David F. Evans, when he talked about letters from home ;)

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I hope Brookyln's birthday was awesome! That is so exciting!

Sorry there aren't any pictures today, we are at a different library and it won't let me plug in my camera. Oh, before I forget, go to http://mormon.org/sherinians/ and watch it, but as you watch it, picture the husband as Buster from Arrested Development. It is HILARIOUS. We spend an hour a week on mormon.org so, I watch those videos A LOT. It's such a big deal when new ones come out.

This week:
Tuesday: We had a great lesson with one of our investigators. She is a friend of a less-active in our ward, so it's really cool to see them both progress as we teach them.
Wednesday: We had another great experience on chat. We were able to tell this girl the things that we believed, and she was just so excited about all of it. She said she could tell that we really believed the things that we were saying. It's awesome to see how the Spirit can touch the hearts of people even over chat. Also, we had a funny experience on chat, I took a pic of it so I will have to send it to you next week. But this guy got on and asked if it would be considered a sin if he were Mormon and he continued to eat up-dog once a week. I told him I grew up with 3 brothers, and he wasn't gonna get me with that one :) hahaha It was so funny. He was like, "Dang it!" So, thanks for all your lame jokes, brothers :)
Thursday: We got to do yard work! It was so fun! We did it for the Witters, who we live with. It was awesome. I miss doing yard work, and it was fun to help her out, since she does so much for us.
Friday: My comp was sick, so I updated our area book and organized things. It was good.
Saturday: Great day at General Conference and in our TC Training that morning, they asked me to share a TC Moment, so I got to tell everyone about M and his story of conversion because of the TC. It was awesome.
Sunday: Another great General Conference day! Isn't it so awesome that we have a Prophets and Apostles who speak to us!!!

So, tomorrow is the big day. I am sort of freaked out, but I am sure that everything will be fine. Keep me in your prayers, and I will be calm:)

I am sorry this is not very long, but we are car sharing with the Elders and they have to go pick up  their mini-missionary in like 10 minutes and I still have to write President Kunz. Crazy, I think Jared's letter will be longer than mine this week! WHOA!

I love you all so much! I miss you! I love being a missionary and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let's all remember to stay active in the gospel, as well as in the Church. Which means reading your scriptures EVERYDAY! I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Proctor

No comments: