Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I'm Alive


Hi Family!

I survived surgery! Just so you know, viewer discretion is advised for those pictures. I took a lot of post surgery pictures. This week has been one of the most boring weeks of my life. I won't even do a day to day thing, because it was all mixed in. But, from what I do remember, on Monday, we had P-day and we went with the Elders to a bunch of thrift stores. That was pretty fun/gross. Then, because it was blazing hot, Sis. Davis and I went and got some lime fruit slushies at Sonic (picture included). Then that night the Senior missionaries were having an Easter Dinner. I sang in it with some other sisters. It was a lot of fun. Then we slept over at the TC apartments and the next morning Sis. Kunz picked me up for surgery!

We got there at 7 and things started rolling. They had a bunch of people come in and talk to me, they hooked up the IV which really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then they whisked me off to the operation room. Right before they rolled me into the OR, they put some Valium through my IV, so I was very happy, and very thankful for everything everyone was doing for me. Then they told me that I would fall asleep and I DID! It was the best sleep I have ever had in my life. Waking up felt SOOOO good!!! My eyesight was really blurry, and my throat killed from the breathing tube deal. Also, I kept telling them I was in pain, but in hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was just the cold from the icepack :| Oh well :) I didn't want to talk to the nurses because every time I did, I was SO grateful for them and I felt like I was going to start crying so I just stopped talking to them all together to save myself from embarrassment. Then, at some point, they wheeled me back into the recovery room. I just laid there for a while, because I figured that was what you did, but then I heard Sis. Kunz on the phone saying that they were waiting for me to wake up, and so I did hahah. I woke up and they said they wanted me to eat something, I told them I would if I could do it laying down. But they said they wanted me to sit up. Knowing that it would ge me out of there, I was all over that. So I sat up and ate some pudding. Then, I had to sit there for a while. Everyone thought it was weird how coherent I was. I felt totally fine. The only time it hurt was when I would use my stomach muscles.

I got myself dressed, they took the IV out and then they wheeled me out to Sis. Kunz's car. Then we stopped by Target so she could get my pain pills, and then took me home. I felt totally fine. I even told her how to get to our house. Then, I slept for about the next day and a half. It turns out all pain pills do to me is knock me right out. I stopped taking them on Thursday morning, because an Advil did about the same thing without making me sleep for so long. But, here we are a week later and it still hurts. I can't really stand up or walk around for long amounts of time. It's frustrating. I am going to the post-op appt tomorrow and hopefully he will tell me everything is fine and that I'm just a wimp. I don't know, we'll see. The good news is: I survived. I'm alive, and I will hopefully be fine soon! I'm sorry that this letter is not very long, but we are using our Bishop's computer and it is SO SLOW and it has taken forever just to write this. Also, I am starting to feel really tired from sitting up like this for so long. So, I will hopefully be able to send you all of the pictures next week. I don't think this computer can handle it. Know that I love you all SO much and I hope you had a wonderful Easter. I got to go to church, and it was AMAZING. I love Easter so much. What a wonderful thing to know that He is Risen!!! Anyway, I love you all and I can't wait to get that package tomorrow! Woohoo! Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Much love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: