Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Alma 10:11


Hi Family!

This week was great! The scripture I sent is one I read this morning, and it reminds me of General Conference! I am so excited for General Conference! We have been listening to last Octobers GC to get ready for this weekend. How awesome that we have a Prophet of God and Apostles of Jesus Christ who talk to us! Man, that is great.

Before I forget, Happy Birthday to Brooklyn this Sunday!!!! How exciting! I hope you get an awesome cake and lots of fun presents, like Barbies!

Oh yeah, I'm getting surgery a week from today. Sort of psycho. I'm a little bit freaked out about it, but I'm sure it will all be fine. I'll go in on April 3 at 7 am and then it's an out-patient surgery so I'll go home that day, probably not out to proselyte though. Just pray for me, not just for during the surgery, but that I can feel peace before hand!

This week in tender mercies:
Monday: we had a great comp study about extending commitments more boldly, and when we went out we applied what we learned, and it was so awesome! I really like being a missionary. A lot.

Tuesday: Sister Arnold and I have been figuring out a way to make the TC schedule with excel. The TC leaders take like 20 hours making it every transfer, and it can be done in about an hour, so we're trying to make it foolproof for other people. But it was so fun to work with Sister Arnold. She is awesome and hopefully the two of us will be TC leaders together.

Wednesday: We had zone conference! I love zone conference. It is seriously the best. It's like being at the MTC all over again. We learned so much!

Thursday: We had a great day at the TC and I worked with Sister Arnold again on the schedule. We also met with our RS Pres to figure out the ward so we could know who to visit, so that was super nice.

Friday: We went out to lunch with Sister Witters (the Bishop's wife, we live in their basement). She is just the CUTEST! She reminds me a lot of Mom, so that's nice. She is gonna have us help her paint this Thursday, I'm excited. Then, that night we had our investigator come into the TC to watch the Joseph Smith movie. It was so awesome. That movie just slams people with the Spirit.

Saturday: We were out trying people, and we met this guy in his garage. We talked to him for a little bit, and then his wife came home and we talked to the both of them. They told us that their daughter had passed away last September, and they were so broken up about it. Things like this are so much harder when you don't have the gospel. We were able to tell them that they would see their daughter again and that they could be with her forever. It was so good. It's just crazy when you are walking down the street, you meet a stranger, and within about 3 minutes, they are sharing their whole life story with you and breaking down in tears. It's because they can recognize that we really are representatives of Jesus Christ. It's so amazing.

Sunday: We had one investigator at church, which was AWESOME! We have a lot of investigators who are so GOLDEN, but they just won't come to church! So it's awesome when one finally does!

Monday: It was pretty slow at the TC, so I started to watch the YW broadcast from last week. Then I remembered how 4 years ago, I sang in GC so I looked it up. Sister Hawkes sang in it as well, so we watched it together! We were like 2 rows away from each other! It is so CRAZY! Then the two of us walked over to the cemetery since it was so nice outside. Sister Hawkes only has 10 weeks left. I could die. She has become one of my best friends and our relationship is so special. I can't imagine being here without her. We just talked about all of the changes that we have seen in each other over the past 8 months, and how much we would miss each other. Man, missions are so awesome, because I never would have made the friendships that I have made. The only bad part is that you are constantly saying goodbye to all of these people that you love. Luckily, we can still be friends after the mish. She is so excited to meet all of you because of all of the crazy stories I would tell about you :) I can't wait to have her meet you and you meet her! She is so special to me.

I am so grateful that 1 year ago I decided to finally follow Heavenly Father's specific plan for me. I have not regretted it once, nor have I looked back. It has made me happier than I ever could have been at home. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am so grateful to wake up every morning at 630 and to work my tail off until 1030. It's the best thing that I could ever be doing. How wonderful.

The pictures are:

1. Gorgeous flower from a Magnolia tree. These are EVERYWHERE and it's beautiful. This little girl picked them for us when we were talking to her Dad, it was so cute. 

2. She also picked this one. We ended up leaving with 4 flowers haha

3. Sleepover at the Oakview Sisters apt. We decided do to masks-sks-sks. We look pale and kind of freaky, but oh well.

4. One of the gorgeous Nebraska sunsets. It is so pretty here. I was able to take the picture because I wasn't driving! I haven't driven this week since I lost my tiwi card- we have to log in to this system so it can track our driving. I was the first person in the whole mission to lose theirs! What an honor! haha Luckily, I got it another one last night.

5. Daffodils and tulips are coming up at the TC. It's awesome. Everything is getting so green now! All of the grass is green and the trees are getting there soon. I love it so much!

So, this morning for my Personal Study, it said to write home and ask your family how they have been blessed by obeying a specific commandment, and I choose TITHING. Please send me your responses :)

Word on the street is that you didn't do a Sunday night lesson!? What?! You are supposed to do it no matter who is there, ya big goofs!
The other word on the street is that Laura is sending me a package. If you could possibly put my mustard and white striped purse in there, that would be AWESOME. My purse is falling apart. Also, the charger for the GPS got smashed... so if someone has a car phone charger or something that they are not planning on using, that would be awesome. It just needs to be the USB cable, that isn't a normal size, but not the mini either. Like what you plug in to charge Mom's phone.

Well, I am so grateful for all of you and for all of your love and your support. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for making me a better person. Thank you for getting me on a mission. Thank you for your examples. I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: