Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Alma 17:10

Hello Family!!!

Things are going great in Nebraska! I survived my first crazy storm! It was way fun! I got to see a GREEN SKY! Unfortunately/Fortunately, there were no tornados, but it sure was fun! Hahaha

This week:
Tuesday: I was still feeling AWFUL, so I stayed in again and took a bubble bath. I think that did the trick because on Wednesday, I felt great!!!
Wednesday: I got an awesome package from Mom and Laura, with a super cute skirt that I am currently wearing right now. I am so jealous that walmart has these clothes!! We also had one of our investigators have a miracle! She had been trying to find a virus in a website that she had designed and had struggled to find it. We invited her to pray for help. She didn't really understand the concept of asking Heavenly Father for help, but she decided to try it. As soon as she went in, she opened up the first file, and there it was. AMAZING!!!! Heavenly Father is so great at answering prayers!!!
Thursday: we had district meeting and then we were just out in our area. I love being able to be OUT! It was a great day.
Friday: we went to the TC and everything was CRAZY!!! President Kunz got a call from SL and they told him to have his missionaries ready for a tornado. It was crazy, but also fun and exciting. Then we got to go to the temple, which was SO great! I love being able to go to the temple, and I can't wait until I get to go all the time when I get home instead of every other month!
Saturday: Saturday is when the crazy storms started. It was so much fun. It was raining like crazy. I sent a video, but that doesn't even show when it was raining hard. It was fun to be out in all of it. After dinner, we went back out and it started coming down like CRAZY and our car was making wakes as we were driving, then we got the call that missionaries needed to be inside. So, we all went back to the Witters, were we live, and waited it out. Nothing happened and it wasn't even windy, but we were on Tornado watch. It was fun. Then, when it was all over, we went back out. Even though nothing happened, we all prepared for something so just in case in the future, something does happen, then we'll be ready. We made our little backpacks of stuff that we would need. Some of the Sisters were freaking out and went crazy packing their whole trunks. I love it. We were the only sisters out in our area, everyone else just stayed at the TC freaking out. I'm kind of glad I wasn't there. I'm sure there was a LOT of drama/sisters panicking :) We just had fun with the Elders and the Witters. We even had milkshakes :)

The updog chat hahahah so funny.

The first picture is from when we got to have a sonic slush!!! best day ever. Tomorrow is happy hour all day. You best believe we are getting another one.

Gorgeous flowers from President and Sister Kunz and Michelle

Me, last week

Bunnies are "pests" here. I love them. They are jumping around everywhere


Sunday: we had a great morning in the Trail Center, a bunch of investigators at church and then a good night teaching people. Things are going great. I am so glad to be able to be out!

So, I found out that I probably won't be coming home until January 4. Unless, our new mission president decides otherwise. But that's OK. There are worst things that could happen :) Whenever I come home will be great.

It sounds like things are going great back at home. I feel like Jared like we are going to come back to a whole new house with all of the things that you guys are getting! I can't believe you got a porch set from Costco!!! I want to see a picture of that for sure!!!

I can't believe how close Michelle and Taniel are to having their babies! That is crazy!!! I can't wait! I would love to see more pictures of Rachel! OH! I got Laralee's package too! 2 packages in one week! This is HUGE!!! I thought it was pretty funny that Hannah thought I had cancer. hahah, I showed that to all of the sisters there. We all laughed. She is so cute. What day is she getting baptized!?

I loved the picture of Eve with Laura's make up. Maybe the lipstick beard thing will catch on one day.

So, this week, we went to have dinner with a member and she is this total powerhouse woman. She was a convert at age 16, she served her mission in temple square, she went to BYU and married an RM from there in the temple and then like 3 years later, he stopped going to church. And now he is completely inactive. But, she is so grateful that she has a PERSONAL testimony of the gospel that she doesn't have to lean on her husbands testimony, which he didn't keep up. It reminded me of General Conference when they talked about being active in the church AND active in the gospel. It's so important that we all have our own personal testimonies. I invite all of you to read this talk http://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/11/the-challenge-to-become?lang=eng&query=conversion by Dallin H. Oaks. It was actually a talk that I read as I decided to serve a mission. It is phenomenal. You will love it. It is so important that we each do things to make sure that we are building our own testimonies. And the gospel is so great, so what a great opportunity we have to learn about it for ourselves! And then, Heavenly Father will send the Spirit to us to testify that it is true. DO everything you can to ensure that you are inviting the spirit in your life, it will CHANGE it for the better.

Well, I love all of you so much. I am so grateful that we are a family and that we can be together forever. I promise to be safe and smart in all of the crazy storms. I know the Lord will protect us, but I also know that He gave us a brain to make sure that we are safe. I promise to use it :) I hope you have a phenomenal week. Also, I don't know how many letters I will be able to send this week since we have zone activity today. So, know that I love you all! Have a wonderful week and I cant' wait to hear from you more.

Love,
Sis. Proctor

No comments: