Monday, April 30, 2012

Alma 32:13

Hello FAMILY!!!

What a great week it has been! We had transfers, and the little birdie was right! Sister Hawkes and I are now companions!!! It's insane. Seriously, we'll be knocking doors and then just look at each other and start laughing, because it doesn't feel real! It's great. We're still in Bellevue 2nd and we have been teaching a ton and finding a lot of great people. It's awesome. I really really love it. It's Sister Hawkes' last transfer, so I'm so grateful that I get to spend it with her! Wooooo hooo!

This week:
Tuesday: A great last P-day with Sister Davis. It was a lot of fun. She has become one of my dearest friends. I'm so excited to see her grow and the effect that she will have on other missionaries.
Wednesday: I got to take the new Elders on tour at the Trail Center. It's crazy to think that I was there once. It's so overwhelming, but I know they will do phenomenal, and it's so exciting to see the changes that have been made in you because of the mission. Awesome.

Thursday: We went to transfer point and said goodbye to Sister Davis and then came home with Sister Hawkes. Seriously, we feel like we are just on exchanges or something. It's the best. And everyone thinks it's crazy that we get to be together since we are the best of friends and have so much fun together. It's awesome! I'm so grateful that I have this opportunity!!!

Friday: We had some AWESOME lessons! We haven't hardly had to tract because we've been teaching so much or else in the Trail Center. It was a great day though. One of our investigators, M is just TOTALLY progressing and it's amazing! I'm so excited for her and her family

Saturday: We taught a ton, and we took M on a church tour. She told us about how when she was 9 years old she found out that she was born out of wed lock and how she decided right then that she would make sure that her children knew that they were wanted, that they were planned for and that they had a mom and a dad. AT 9 YEARS OLD!!!! She has been living so many of the commandments her whole life, it's amazing to see her desires and to see how the gospel will just keep helping her! AAAHHH phenomenal!

Sunday: We had our concert in the park! It was AWESOME! It didn't actually end up being in the park because of the rain, and it was in the TC basement, but we had about 200 people there. It was SO good! I recorded it both audio and video for all of the sisters so once I get those burned for everyone, I'll send you a copy so you can see it. It's amazing to see all of the talent that the sisters here have. 2 of the songs were written by sisters here. And then everyone is just these broadway singers. It's AWESOME! It makes me really grateful that I came out when I did, and not when I was 21. It makes me think that God knew how stubborn I would be, but that it would also be the perfect time when I did finally decide. God is pretty great like that. I sang a song with Sis. Atkin that we sort of wrote. I sang Come Thou Fount with Sister Hawkes, and I made up accompaniment on the spot for How Great Thou Art. It was such a phenomenal night. President Kunz wants us to do it again. Make it a tradition for the rest of the summer. How cool to be able to share our testimonies and our talents through music!!! Bahhh!!! And it was so fun because a ton of people from Millard came so it was great to see them again. How great.





As for the pictures:
1- Guess what they have here!!!!????
2- In heaven. I love me some orange leaf.
3-This is a picture of me and Sister Hawkes 4 years ago. And now we are companions. CRAZYYYYYY
4-Sister Hawkes and I at transfer point
5- Sister Davis and I at transfer point saying goodbye.

Before I forget, on May 13, AKA Mother's Day, we can Skype. I have 40 minutes. I have church from 2-5 my time. So when would be the best time I could skype with all of you? We are going to get a schedule put together at the Trail Center, so let me know in your email next week.

WOOOHOOO for Laura's graduation! That's awesome!!! and now Mom and Dad are empty nesters. Crazy! It was fun to get all of your letters and emails. Thank you so much!

This week we met some Roman Catholics. It was funny because their 16 year old stopped us on the street and told us he had a lot of questions about God. He said he and his mom and grandma were sitting around thinking about it. They were simple questions like about how the trinity can't really be a real thing, they have to be separate, stuff about Him performing miracles, etc. It's just weird to think about how people in other religions sit around asking the basic questions, but they have no answers. It's awesome that when you have the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, those questions are answered! How grateful I am for that!

Oh, before I forget. We had some pretty powerful lessons. One woman that we are teaching is Native American, which is so cool because the Book of Mormon is like her family history!!! So we were asking her about what she believed happened after we die, and she said she didn't know, all she knew was that everyone said that you "go home." So I pulled out the Book of Mormon and had her read Alma 40:11. "Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." She thought it was INCREDIBLE. INCREDIBLE. It was awesome. She really likes the Book of Mormon, so we're excited to teach her more about it.

Then, we used that same scripture in another lesson the next day. We are teaching a really sweet lady who's son passed away about 1 1/2 years ago. She had so many questions about the afterlife, so I had her read that scripture. She was in tears before she could even finish it. She said that it had answered so many of her questions. It's amazing to see how ONE scripture can touch 2 completely different people in their own personal way. The Book of Mormon is the word of God!!! It's so amazing. This scripture is one of my favorites, because last year when I was taking mission prep, they invited us to go home and to gain a personal relationship with the Book of Mormon. I just opened it up to where I was already reading, and I read this verse. This was during the time that Grandpa Goodwin was very sick, and reading that along with verse 12 gave me SO MUCH COMFORT! I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and how God uses it to speak with us and show His love for us. Amazing.

Something I realized in my personal study this morning was in the index of the Book of Mormon. Look how many PAGES of references there are to Jesus Christ, and then try telling me that it is not another testament of Him. It's awesome how much this book testifies of our Savior. Incredible.

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am so grateful to be in Nebraska with people that I LOVE! Missions really are the best.

I love all of you and I am so happy that we get to be together FOREVER. I love you.

Love,
Sister Proctor

It would be way cool if you could figure out a 3 way skype thing so I could see Jared! Just something to think about. Love you!

No comments: