Monday, October 24, 2011

Are you saying I killed Lord Morley

Hi Family!

So the pictures are super lame again! But, the one with me with a red tongue I thought was pretty funny because it looks like I coughed up blood. And we all know the story of that! It was actually this stuff called MIO? It's like a water enhancer. You pour just a tiny bit into a bunch of water and it flavors it. Well, we were in the lunch room and bored, so I asked Sister Jenkins what she thought it would taste like just straight. Obviously, I was willing to try it.... It was pretty bad. My salivary glands were on FIRE. And it totally dyed my tongue red. Crazy stuff. 

I can't believe that Jake and Laralee are having another girl! That is so crazy. Poor William. P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLIAM ON THE 22ND!!!!!!!!

Laura, before I forget... Could you burn me CDs of my whole Sunday playlist? I thought I wouldn't care about music, but it turns out I DO. Also, if you could send me the Josh Groban Christmas CD and appropriate songs from Josh Groban like such as You are Loved and You Raise Me Up and any others that aren't "romantic." And good churchy songs from my Womens Chorus CDs. I asked you for those a while ago and I thought they'd be in the last package, but alas, they were not. However, I would love to have you start doing this and I know it will take a lot of time, so no rush.    

Last Wednesday I was having a REALLY hard day. I think that because there are so many little things that just bother me or I am impatient with, rather than deal with them or confront them, I just tune them out. It's like I shut off all of my emotions for like 2 solid weeks and I was just a robot doing the things I was supposed to. Well, it was the worst on Wednesday and I couldn't even pretend to act chipper. It was just so exhausting and my body felt achy. We went to District Meeting, had lunch, and then went to do the Call Center and then we were gonna go out to our area and there was no way that I was going to be able to go out and work and talk to people. I felt like I had a brain cloud (hahah). Anyway, so what I did was I went and prayed. This prayer was different from any prayer I have ever given. It's like I was screaming in my head to Heavenly Father to help me to at least FEEL something!! I just prayed over and over and over that He would help me. And after about 10 minutes of praying like that, I got up and I felt completely fine. Then on our way out to the area, we had another area's car and they had Josh Groban You Are Loved and it just pumped me up even more. So that's why I want that SOOOO badly. It's such a great message and it was nice because it reminded me of home. And when Sarah and I were singing it at the top of our lungs in the car and right at the part where it's like YOU. ARE..... LOOOOOVVVEEEDDDD. And right when we got to "loved" then we got rearended. It was kind of funny. But, bad because she got rear ended but I'm excited to see that video in Heaven. Hahahah. Anyway, it was amazing what prayer can do and I have been feeling much better and I have realized that I should probably have emotions :) I thought about the sons of Mosiah and how they had DESIRE and they can't have that desire if they don't have emotions. So, that was a good reminder to have emotions and to deal with them, rather than just turn them off to not get bothered, because then you don't feel the good ones either. 

We went on exchanges again and I was with a new missionary. This time we were just with our ward mission leader and he did pretty much everything, so it wasn't as stressful :) Our WML is AWESOME! He makes me excited to get back home and to work with the missionaries and to be just like he is. He is so dedicated and is willing to do ANYTHING for us/our investigators/members of the ward. So cool. 

So we had our first mormon.org chat. We were only on it for an hour. And it was a creepy person. But a lot of the other sisters have had a lot of cool experiences, so that is awesome. We all have a 6 hour shift a week where we have to come in and chat. "Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes, all day." 

Sarah's letters are so great. I want to be like her. She is such an AWESOME missionary! I wish she could train me!!! That would be sweet! Seriously, I am amazed at the woman and the missionary that she has become. 

I loved Jared's letter. I love the translation for conversion. It really is just taking them back to what they already know. Isn't that awesome?! I think that is how the Spirit really works. It isn't telling us new things, it's like we FEEL that we are remembering something that we once knew. It's so cool. 

Well, it is absolutely freezing here. It's 41 degrees right now and it feels like -20. That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it's COLD.  We are going to go look for boots today because my legs/feet can't handle it anymore. Hopefully we find something. 

So apparently Sister Dalton (YW Pres) and I think Sister Cook (Primary Pres) came in to the trail center last week. Unfortunately I was not there. That would have been SO cool to meet them! 

Can you PLEASE email me recipes for those soups that I asked for a few weeks ago? And Reeve's address? Oh yeah, and on Halloween night, we aren't allowed to go out (everyone thinks we're DRESSED UP as missionaries) so we are having a Sisters Party and we are making a craft for Christmas gifts to send home. Could you all send me like a 4 by 6 or 3 by 5 picture of each family/person? We are supposed to have 10 pictures total, So I figure one of the whole fam together-I guess just the yellowstone one. 2. Mom and Dad. 3. Christensen Family 4. Proctor Family 5. Jones Family 6. Taniel and Isaac 7. Laura. 8. Me. 9. Jared. and.... maybe one more with all the grand kids together or something, I don't know. But I need those printed off and mailed to me before Halloween. That could be WONDERFUL. Thank you! 

Well, there is not much else to say. Things are going really really well in the Millard area. We reached 90% of the standard. Our minds were blown. However, we will tank it this week since we only have 2 days in our area really. But that's OK. It's just nice to see that we are making goals and reaching them. I love being a missionary. Sometimes I can't believe that I really live in Nebraska and I go out everyday to talk to people about Jesus Christ. But it's SO AWESOME! I'm excited for Jared to go out and share it with people. Also, KUDOS to Michelle for handing out a Book of Mormon! That's awesome! The Book of Mormon and the Spirit are the most powerful tools in conversion. It makes our jobs a little bit easier, that it's like Hey, read this awesome book and then pray to Heavenly Father about it and tell us how it goes! haha. Obviously it's not THAT easy, but it is nice that it's not like we are selling cutco knives door to door. We are teaching people the Gospel, and the entire Godhead is on our side!!! Way way sweet. 

Well, let this week's email be a reminder of the power of prayer. GO to your Heavenly Father and plead with Him. He is there and He hears and answers our prayers. I can promise you that. I love Him and I love my Savior. I love you all and there is not a day that goes by that I don't pray for you or think about how wonderful you all are. Have a wonderful week and I will write you on Monday! 

Love, 
Marf

No comments: