Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I Have a laundry Machine

Hello Family! 

This week was SUCH A GREAT WEEK!!!! As you can see in the pictures, we had a baptism!!!! Since you aren't posting this on my blog, I will tell you his real name, but if you are posting it on my blog then you will just have to change the name :) Anyways, this is __________! We met him at the end of August, but we didn't start teaching him until the end of September. He was set for baptism on November 5th, but this last Tuesday, Sister Myers and I felt like it needed to be moved up. So we had an appointment with him that day at the trail center and in the memorial room, we talked to him about it, and he said a prayer and said he wanted the rest of the day to think about it, but that he knew he probably would get baptized on Saturday. Then, we went and watched the John Tanner story, which is like 20 minutes long, and then he came out and asked us what we were doing on Saturday and if we wanted to go to a baptism! It was so awesome! So many people from the ward came and it was such a wonderful experience! It was stressful making sure everything was set up and that there would be people there, but it was ALL worth it! So so so so so great! He was so happy. He told us at his baptismal interview that he was so amazed that all of the sister missionaries were alike (he has met 4 total in the last month). He said we are all different, but we all have the same happiness and the same seriousness about the gospel. Then he said that he has never seen happier people than he has underneath the roof of our church building. It was really really cool. I am so happy for him. Now, we get to do it all over again this weekend with our other investigator! So awesome! 

That was obviously the highlight of the week. Last night, since it was Halloween, we weren't allowed to be outside after 6 pm. So, all the sisters got together and had a dinner and then made a Christmas craft! Best way to spend Halloween EVER! It was awesome! 

Well, I've had my first sickness in the mission field. I was super sick on Wednesday and I just slept all day long in the basement of the trail center. It was SO boring. I thought days were long when we were out in our area, but they are WAY longer when you are just sleeping all day. It was so annoying. I felt fine after that, except today I am feeling pretty crappy again, but I'm hoping I can just push through it. It's so annoying being sick. All of the sisters are coming down with something this week. 

I can't believe Dad bought Christmas lights!!!!!!!! What the heck?! It's a Christmas Miracle. 

So, this last week I took a former mission president  and his wife on tour. He was the mission president of the Utah Provo Mission. At the end, he said I was an amazing missionary and he wished he could have had me at his mission. Best. compliment. ever. It was so awesome. I really love being a missionary. It's so hard, yet so awesome all at the same time. 

Next week is transfers! I will definitely be getting a new companion, since Sister Myers is headed home. It is so crazy and so exciting all at the same time. We have had a great 3 months together, but I am excited to see what else is to come. It's weird because I hate moving in real life, but in a mission I think it's so fun to not know where I am going to be living or who I'll be living with next week. Crazy stuff. OH, just FBI, my P-day next week is on Wednesday. BUT, we might have to do our emails on Tuesday if we get picked to go out with the new missionaries. So, just send in your letters probably on Sunday night :) 

I am struggling writing this letter because I feel like my head is about to explode, so I'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense :) 

Thank you, Michelle for the package! I got it on Wednesday (the day I was sick) and so it was PERFECT! Plus I was freezing cold and that Gryffindor scarf warmed me right up. That is awesome and I am so excited to wear it!! 

Well, I have gotten some winter gear. I still have to get some for real snow boots. They are just so ugly I have a hard time spending money on them. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Woof. I like snow, but not when we have to walk around in it ALL day long :) Hopefully I can find some boots today or something. We'll see what happens. 

Jared sounds like he is doing great. I am excited for him. He's officially been in the MTC longer than I have. Woohooo! It's so exciting when you get your travel plans. Probably even more exciting when you are there longer than 4 weeks :) I loved the MTC, but I definitely do not miss eating that cafeteria food all the time. 

I am making such great friends with the sisters here. I am so excited to get back (in 14 months!!!) and play with them/live with them. They are so great! Did I tell you that my mission is shorter than regular missions for some reason? It looks like my fly home date with be January 4, 2013. Which is pretty crappy that I'll miss 2 Christmas' but there's not much I can do about that haha. I figure it will be a fun way to say goodbye to those here. 

So, Nebraska decorates for Holidays like CRAZY here! Everyone has Halloween decorations up and I can't even wait to see what it's like at Christmas! Also, as you saw in the picture, we made those reindeer sweatshirts! It was awesome! We did it with our whole district. It was a surprise. I know the Elders loved it. hahaha. It was so much fun!! 

Well, I don't know what else to say and I feel like I should go lay down or something. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I pray for you each every single day and I love getting letters from you all! Please remember to do the simple things like praying, studying scriptures, and going to church. It's crazy how just slacking a little bit can interrupt your life so much. I see it out here all the time with the less actives that we visit. Know that I love you all so much and I love this gospel. I love being a representative for Jesus Christ and helping people come closer to Him. I can't wait for Jared to have his first baptism. It's such a great experience seeing people understand, and the light in their eyes changes. It's so powerful. This gospel is amazing. I love you all and miss you!!

Love, 
Sister Proctor 

No comments: