Tuesday, January 4, 2011

1280 x 1024

New Years Resolutions:

1.No fast food. All year long. This includes road trips. No, I do not count Subway-that food is actually real.

2. Make a monthly budget, and live by it. You may remember my money blog. It was effective, but really annoying to update. I use mint.com now and it is SUPER helpful.

3. When I have something nice to say, say it. Sometimes someone will give a really good talk in church, or has affected me in some way and I chicken out on telling them. Not this year. 

4. Go to ward prayer. I have been in the ward since May and never gone. I think it's time I start making friends in Highland. I went two days ago and had a lot of fun. 

5. YOGA. In Provo, Meldy, Sar and I would go every Monday night and every Saturday morning for an hour. There is no reason I can't do that now. 

6. Go to the gym at least 3 times a week. This wasn't hard for me to do in Provo because my roommates would go and we had no TV. I waste way too much time watching TV or sitting at the computer. I can still watch TV and exercise at the same time!

7. Once my real classes start (today all I had was ice skating) I can only get on Facebook on the weekends. I did this last Winter semester and it worked like a charm. 

8. I am not allowed to pretend to be on the phone when I see someone on campus. 

9. When I am invited to things, GO! I really don't mind chilling at home on a Friday night, but I need friends, so I am going to go to things that I am invited to, rather than take the option of staying home alone. Obviously, I can't go to every single thing, but if the other option is hanging out in my room-I have to go. 

10. Go to the temple at least 2 times a month.

11. Go to my meetings. Even my 7 am Stake meeting where I don't say anything.

I love New Years, it's my favorite Holiday (second to Christmas, of course). I like making goals. I like fresh starts. 

Two years ago, on New Years Day I found out for the second time that I was not accepted into the Music Ed program. A pretty crappy way to start off the New Year, but a few weeks later Jeffrey R. Holland came to a BYU and gave this devotional. If you haven't read it before, read it. If you have, read it again. It helped me a lot through the struggles I was having. It's the perfect talk to listen to to get you motivated to move on and change for the better. 

Happy 2011. 

3 comments:

Christensen family said...

What, ice skating!I'm jealous!

Isaac and Taniel said...

Crazy. I just read that talk and was thinking about it the other day. One of my favorites by far.
I love that one of your goals is that you can't pretend to be on the phone while walking on campus. hahaha. nice.

Melodie said...

great goals. it reminded me of how great the last 2 years were and how much i want to go to yoga!!!!!!!