Sunday, January 23, 2011

Letters: Take two.

Dear T-Mobile,
Just get the iPhone already. Verizon did it. Why can't you?
Love,
I love technology. 
Not as much as you, you see.
But I still love technology.


Dear Japanese Cherry Tree Blossoms,
I think I might have started drooling when I heard about you. How could I not...

I've been thinking that I want to learn how to paint, and I think you are the perfect candidate for my first attempt.
Love,
Hoping to see you in real life someday. 


Dear Physiology,
I'm kind of wishing I would have paid better attention in High School. Logs. Meiosis. Mitosis. Translation. Transcription. 
Blech.
Love,
I got an A in anatomy, that should count for something, right?


Dear Shy Martha,
Where the heck did you come from? 
You used to be super outgoing, and even flirty, from the beginning. People called you outspoken. Ebullient even. 
ebullient:
 Zestfully enthusiastic.
joyously unrestrained
overflowing with enthusiasm or excitement

Love,
Get over yourself, Thanks. 


Dear Summer,
Where exactly is it you are wanting me?
Provo or Highland?
If you could decide soon, that'd be great. Thanks.
Love,
Hate looking for housing. 


Dear Sundance Film Festival,
Kind of wish I could get to know you this year. 
I plan on going sometime in my life.
I'll just have my own film festival.
I plan on watching a bunch of independent movies on Netflix. 
Wanting some culture,
Me. 

Dear warmish weather,
I love you. 
Can't wait to join you with my bike soon. 
Love,
I want to ride my bicycle. 


Dear Midway Ice Castles,
Kind of hoping to meet you very soon. 
You kind of look magical. 
Could use some magic,
Me.


Dear Hall and Oates,
No, You make MY dreams come true.
Love,
So what if I listen to you on repeat?


Dear Tuesday Thursday 9:00 2nd block class,
Sorry I dropped you without even giving you a chance. 
I am just really sick of waking up early. 
And I hate the idea of waking up at 7 M-Th. 
We'll meet again.
We kind of have to if I plan on graduating. 
Love
my comfy bed more than you. 


Dear blog, 
I think about you a lot. 
I have so many ideas for blog posts.
I promise to try better. 
Love,
Pretending to be too busy. 

Dear Sewing,
I kind of missed you.
And I kind of like you. 
Circle YES or no if you like me.
Martha

Dear Future Boyfriend/Husband:
What the heck am I gonna do when I find out 
my Dad is the only male that likes watching 
Pride and Prejudice?
Love,
Watched 3 versions with him this weekend. 
P.S. I'll cut you a deal and watch sports or something. 

Dear Amazon.com,
I don't know why I didn't think of you before.
But you have it. 
My favorite perfume.
It's been discontinued.
And I haven't had it for years. 
But it was only 8 dollars instead of 40. 
Heyo.
Thanks. 
Love,
Smelling good. 

Dear Roadtrip,
Let's get together.
Soon. 
Love,
Looking to be warm again. 


7 comments:

maddy said...

This idea is too gorgeous... Thanks for sharing!
Letters

Christensen family said...

Dear Martha,
After 6 years of marriage I convinced Clint to watch the A&E version of Pride & Prejudice, and he liked it! So, future boyfriend/husband just might it, it just might take him awhile. :) to be convinced. :) Love, me PS. Don't tell Clint I told you he likes it. :)

Melodie said...

shy martha...what the what???? i never met her before.
lets go see the ice castle thing when i get back and they have an outdoor arena in midway...2 birds with one stone! too bad we dont have boyfriends cause this would be an awesome date!

Laralee and Jake said...

I love your letters. They crack me up. Thanks for the laugh.

Steph said...

please tell me you love Modern Family: "I think concerts are rad - I used to be a Hallraiser . . ."

Kylar said...

Um, we are soul mates. So ready for an iPhone, do I move out or live at home, I sooo want to go to the film festival, I miss sewing terribly and we seriously need to get together on that, and I am DYING for a road trip. Just sayin

Kylar said...

Also ps...I think I gave you shy Kylar...cuz I'm finding ebullient Kylar lately