Monday, October 22, 2012

Is Hannah's New Favorite Number 19?!

Hi Family!!!

Well, this week was great! General Conference just makes life better. Oh, how I love it. I can't believe that they changed the age for missions! That is awesome!!! I'm excited to see the number of girls that go on missions now. Let's be honest, if this would have happened 4 years ago, I would have freaked out. Heavenly Father knew I couldn't handle it. But I'm glad that it's happening now. Sister Arnold pointed out something that will benefit us with the new age change-- and that is that when we go home, all the younger girls will be going on missions, rather than marrying all the guys that we could be dating. So this is great! haha I am excited. 

Today was transfer day. Sister Arnold and I are staying together- woohoo! And we will both still be Trail Center Leaders. So by the end of this transfer I will have been TC Leader for 6 months! That's the longest anyone has been a TC leader. SO crazy, but I love it. It's really fun to serve the sisters this way. Ok, so this week:

Wednesday: We recorded some of our music- there is someone in the Council Bluffs stake that has all the studio recording equipment who is donating all of his time to help us record these songs. It's so awesome!!! Then that night, the Kiwanis Club of Florence that Elder Watson belongs to was having a changing of the guard or something and so they asked him if we could come and perform. So, Sister Arnold, Graham and I went. It seemed more like a night to honor the sisters for all their service at the Kiwanis pancake breakfast and at the clinic, and then about how extremely talented we all were. It is really cool. The Lieutenant Governor was talking to us, and he said he felt there was a reason why he had met us, and he wasn't quite sure what it was, but that he was excited to see what happened. It's crazy. Sometimes I feel like we are Church PR missionaries. Because we get to meet with a lot of influential people in the area and they all LOVE us and have a better taste in their mouth about the church. 

Thursday: We worked again at the Clinic. They made Elder Watson promise that I would be there every week until I went home because no one can do the computer stuff faster. But, every week they ask more and more questions, and it's so GOOD! The pharmacist that I work right by is coming to the Gladys Knight concert this Friday. I am excited for him. He was excited when we invited him-- Did I tell you Gladys Knight was coming? It's like a big deal. She conducts a choir called Saints Unified Voices and they do a fireside thing and apparently it generates a million referrals, so I'm excited about it. 

Friday: We had Zone Leader Council which was great and then we had dinner at a members house. They had a 7 year old and a 3 year old that reminded me so much of Heber and Eve it was awesome! They were so fun. Then we met with our Ward Mission Leader and the Elders to split our area, so it's like we each have our own areas. It's crazy. Our area is TINY now. It was already the smallest in the mission, and then we split it in half hahaah. But, it will be great! 

Saturday: We had General Conference! It was awesome! The thing that stood out to me the most was that after serving a mission, making covenants, etc, you cannot go back to the way you were before! It's cool. I really liked that. I also really liked Elder Uchtdorf's talk on spending time where it matters the most. That is so good. 

Sunday: Sister Arnold was sick, so one of the Senior Couples let us borrow their iPad to watch conference on- in our beds. It was hilarious and awesome. Such a great day. I love conference. 
Monday: I was also sick, so Sister Arnold and I just slept ALL DAY LONG. It was really boring, but there's not much you can do about it. 

Tuesday: This was another sick day. I was feeling better last night, but now this morning I kind of feel like I'm going to throw up. So that's great. Oh well, I'll just go home and sleep some more today. 

Pictures:
1-Conference in bed
2- Just recording- NBD
3- More recording

So, tomorrow starts my 11th transfer. I only have 12. It's crazy. This means that 12 weeks from today will be my last P-day. I'm ready to work harder than ever and I'm excited. Another thing I got out of conference was how important it was to ACT and to SERVE with all you've got. And then to never go back. What a wonderful way to live your life. I'm excited. I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

P.S. Tell Katelin congrats! and tell Sarah to DANG write me! She of all people should know this! haha

I love you!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: