Monday, October 22, 2012

Oh, How I Love My Family

Dearest Darlingest Family,

I just want to start out by saying that I love you. Nothing huge happened that made me want to express this to you, but after reading your letters and seeing your pictures I just feel an overwhelming amount of love for every one of you. Our Family is so good. And I love being a part of it. Thank you for all that you do. 

This week was a slower/crazy week. On Thursday we were still pretty sick and went out for a little bit, then had to rest and then work at the Trail Center. We also just had transfers, so we were busy making the new TC schedule and planning for new Sister Orientation. One of the new sisters knows Mitchell Wright. It was so fun to talk about all of the fun things we did. I have been blessed with great friends too! 

We have been in the Trail Center all day everyday, our first night out in our area is tonight, and Sister Arnold and I are SO excited!!! There are a few reasons why we haven't been able to go to our area. You got the email from the Pharmacist Ron which makes me so happy. He is so great and he doesn't know it, but he is so close to embracing the gospel. It's really cool the impact that we have there at the Clinic. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father gave us this opportunity. We have also been busy with Transfers, and then we had some Sisters get emergency transferred so we were busy talking with Elder Watson and President Weston. Then we've been busy planning out our Christmas performances. Did I tell you we are going to be performing at malls and stuff? Then at our gingerbread festival and then we'll have a fireside at the TC. It's been really awesome. So, we are still doing a TON of missionary work, but not in the normal knocking on doors kind of way. It's cool. 

Pictures:
1- Playing with other Sisters' glasses
2- Me and Sister Brown- it was the end of her mission and she went home. Oh how I love her and all the sisters here.
3 &4- We got new beds and decided to double stack our mattresses so they are super high. and fun. 


Laura had asked if I wanted to be a part of the Christmas name drawing thing... and it reminded me of this great idea. That is that anyone who wants to can send me 10 dollars out of their Child's Christmas Budget and I can get them a cool Nebraska souvenir as one of their Christmas gifts-- this isn't just for little kids, but for Mom too! I think it's a great idea... just let me know.  As far as being part of the Christmas name drawing... I would love to be a part of it... but I have $0 dollars to my name. But, I could make you coupons! hahaa or teach you how to talk to people on the street? haha I don't mind either way. Also, I think that I would rather you just save Christmas presents for when I come home. There's no point in you paying to ship them out and then me having to shove them in my suit case later.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO MOM AND BRIAN!!! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILLIAM ON MONDAY!!!

I'm SO happy that I will have a phone when I go home!!! Ahhh I was so worried about that. Did T-Mobile and ATT join up yet? AKA... can I upgrade to and iPhone eventually? haha

FBI- I don't know if I'm going to Utah State anymore or if I'm doing music or what. We'll see what happens- but Michelle was talking about me trying one more time at the Y and I will probably do that, or just change my major all together. We'll see when I get home. 

P.S. Whoever is in charge of my g-mail account (i think Laura) can you find a copy of my resume? It might also be just stored on my computer. Then, if you could email that to me that would be great. I've got to turn it in to Elder Watson. He made me a bit of a job offer to work for him at Ethan Allen just off 106th and this would be my dream come true... so I need to turn it in ASAP! I'm so excited!

This letter is a lot of business and logistics.... sorry, let me conclude with my testimony...
Heavenly Father knows us each so perfectly. I am amazed at how involved He is with every facet of each of our lives. He loves us with all the love and tenderness of a Father. Of all the things we could call Him --Master, Creator, King-- He wants us to call Him Father. How I love that. He has devised a plan for us to return to Him. It is through His Son, Jesus Christ-- Our Savior. How I have felt His grace and His love for me not only as I have been serving here, but throughout my whole life. This beautiful plan is the way for families to be happy and successful in this life and in the next. Oh, how it has blessed our family. Because Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to return to Him, He has always revealed His gospel through Prophets. Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet, called of God. I am so grateful that we were able to hear from Him last week. I know that Joseph Smith was also a Prophet and through Him, was the true Church of Jesus Christ restored. The Book of Mormon is true and has had such a profound influence on my life. When I read it, I get closer to my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I understand more of God's love for me and all His children. I have a greater desire to do the things that are right when I diligently study from the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true, because of the way it has blessed my life. Also, I know that because Heavenly Father loves us, He has sent His Spirit to communicate with us. How grateful I am for the promptings of the Spirit. How grateful I am to feel my Savior's love for me through the Spirit. This gospel is true, and there is no better place I could be right now. 

I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week. Your letters uplift and inspire me always. Thank you. 

Love, 
Sister Proctor

No comments: