Tuesday, September 4, 2012

3 Nephi 22:10


 Hello Family!

It was fun to get all of you letters and the quilts from Mom! Elder Watson has made me show that quilt to so many people. HE LOVES IT. The quilt show starts this Friday and I'll be sure to send you plenty o pictures. This week has been super great. It is so fun to be with Sister Arnold! We get a lot done and have so much fun doing it. I love it. We are both still Trail Center Leaders and it's just been a ball. I'll be really sad when it's all over. 

This week: 
Thursday: This was transfer day and so it was super busy. We have a lot to do on transfer day, but it was fun being able to do it with Sister Arnold. At night we got to hear the testimonies of the departing missionaries. It was so good to hear from them. Missions really do change people so much for the better. 

Friday: We went and met with our new Elders. We are sharing an area, which is so nice because we are gone from it A LOT. So, it was good to meet with them. Then we went and all had lunch with our Bishop and his wife. I'm excited for the things that are going to happen this transfer. Then we came back to the TC and worked on stuff for the rest of the year, with the exception of going out to dinner with our roommates for Sister Lamb's year mark. That was fun. 

Saturday: We had a phenomenal training! We talked about how the people come into the Trail Center and their lives are changed and it's incredible. But, then we talked about how we come into the Trail Center more than anyone else so our lives must be changing even more. So we had Sisters share how their they have been changed because of the Trail Center. It was super awesome. 

Sunday: We were at Church and then served in the Trail Center for the rest of the day. Something that I learned on tour that was super cool was this: We start off the tour talking about the Nauvoo Temple, and how the covenants they made there meant so much to them and helped them along their journey. We talk about the sacrifices that they made in order to have that temple, ie 5 years and 1 million dollars. But as I was talking about it I realized how much more TEMPORALLY prepared they would have been had they spent that 5 years and 1 million dollars on preparing themselves with food and provisions. But, they understood that the SPIRITUAL preparation of covenants would mean more than any amount of TEMPORAL preparation. It's amazing how much they understood about the covenants made in temples. What a great lesson for all of us today. 

Monday: We went and did service with one of our investigators. After we left, Sister Arnold and I had such a great reminder of how much the gospel has blessed our family. This family has a sign in their kitchen that says "Our family puts the "fun" in dysfunctional" hahah which isn't too off-base. They have a mixed home with kids from different marriages, but all but one of the kids are over the age of 18 but they all act like 12 year olds and it's crazy! It is just wearing the Mom out, and our hearts just ache for her because it's exhausting for her. We asked her why if we were the same age as her kids were we acting different, and she said it obviously had to do something with God. It's incredible what the gospel has done for our family. I am so grateful that Mom and Dad were strong enough and patient enough to raise us the right way. I am so grateful for siblings who are living exemplary gospel-centered lives. It's crazy what you realize when you step into the home of a family who does not have the gospel. It makes your problems seem a lot smaller. I am so grateful for all of you. 

The pictures are:
1- Oh, I forgot my coconut water, is that not just CLASSIC! 
2- Team USA cereal. Pretty awesome! 
3- Me and Sister Arnold at Transfer Point
4-Sister Lamb was dying her eyebrows, so Sis. Brown and I decided to join in. It didn't do anything to ours, but it was still fun :) 

I can't believe Sarah is home! How exciting! I'm so jealous that Laura gets to go up and see her. Give her a great big hug for me please! I'm excited for the package :) 

Family, I love you. I am so glad to be serving a mission. I am so happy to share the good news of the gospel. I hope all of you take some time this week to count your blessings. I know I will. I love you! 
Love, 
Sister Proctor

No comments: