Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PSYCH!

Well, Hello, hello, hello.

First off, I can't believe that Jared started bawling when he heard 'all I ask of you'-- obviously he was remembering how much he loved it when I would sing that song at home. Wow. Who would have thought? ahahah

This week has been a whirlwind. It's been good. 

As we speak, Elder Watson is talking with President Weston to try and figure out when I am going home. I guess on Friday, the secretary was all set to buy our plane tickets, but when she entered it into the system, it would let us. So, they called the mission department and they said they had a policy change. The old policy was that you could go home 30 days before or after your 18 month mark- no questions asked, just needed President's approval. Now, what the policy is, is that you go home on the assigned transfer date. Which is January 4. But, for those who are starting school on the 7th, that's kind of crazy. I was really mad and upset about it for about 2 days, thinking that one of the worst things you could do to a missionary was dangle "going home before Christmas" in front of them, give it to them, and then take it away. There are also black out dates of when we can't fly home apparently Dec 19-25 are the dates this year. So even if they did release me before Christmas, I couldn't fly home. But, whatever happens, happens, and it's not worth worrying about. It was frustrating though because we didn't want to be thinking about going home or what we would have to do after in the first place, so once we had gotten it all figured out, we were done thinking about it. But then, it's like it was just thrown in our faces again. But, like I said, I'm done worrying about it. Especially knowing that Laura could maybe change back her wedding date, then I'm all good. I'm bummed that I won't be home for Christmas, but oooh well. January will still be a great time to come home. I'll let you know if I find out anything though. 

Highlights from this week:

We went to Zone Conference in Sioux City! This meant we got like a 2 hour road trip with some of the sisters! It was the funnest day ever! Zone Conference was great, then we went to South Dakota, just because we were close, then we all went to eat at a Chinese Restaurant, and then drove home. At the ZC, President Weston made some changes. Now, from 10-1030, rather than ending comp study at 10 and going out, we have an extra half hour of Book of Mormon study together with our companions. That will be cool. So, after we got back from Sioux City, all of the Sisters had 1/2 an hour and we couldn't make it out to our areas, so we all went in the apartment and had family scripture study together. It was really cool. 

The Watsons took Sister Arnold and I out for dinner again. haha. 3rd week in a row. It's crazy, but so fun. That's where we have our Trail Center Leader meetings though, so we get a lot done. And I get to eat delicious food :) We went to Cheesecake Factory this week haha. I love it. And I love spending time with the Watsons. 

This weeks Trail Center Moment:

I took a member family on tour. A Mom, Dad, their daughter, and her husband. They were really great and just traveling back from Ohio.  It turns out that the Mom was a convert. Apparently, her mom was a member but she was married to a non-member who allowed them to go to church, but didn't allow them to be baptized until they were 18. She grew up on a ranch and I guess that on their 16th birthday their Dad would give them their own horse. However, when she was 16, she asked if she could forgo the horse and be baptized. Her Dad let her. First of all, I think her faith and her testimony at 16 was incredible. Secondly, I realized that so many of the people who come into the Trail Center have Pioneer stories of their own. Why else do you think they are drawn here? They want to come and hear about people who were just like them, who sacrificed what they had to, in order to receive the blessings of the gospel. It was incredible. I am grateful for that realization. I am grateful to be serving here, surrounded by so many wonderful pioneer stories, both from those who have passed before us and the current pioneers. 

Pictures:
1-Me--obviously. I took my comp out to dinner at this delicious Mexican place. I loooved it. 
2- SOUTH DAKOTA!!! Never in my life did I think I would be so excited about going to South Dakota
3-All of the Sisters in my zone in SD
4-Ahhh, there are billions of acres of soy fields all over NE, IA, and SD
5-Out to dinner after ZC with the Sisters-group 1
6- group 2

So much fun! 

I can't believe that everyone is starting school! That is so crazy!!! This summer just flew by. I love the start of the school year. It is so fun. I hope everyone does smashingly well. It looks like Island Park was a lot of fun! Minus all the leaches! AHHHH! That is disgusting!!! I'm glad that everyone made it back safe and sound. 

Mom-there is 37 some thing out of my account from today, because my comps card didn't work. But she gave me cash, so I will try and put it in. Also, can I get more face pills, I'm out. Is the quilt almost done? I can't wait to see it! 

So, is Sarah back in America yet?! I can't wait to hear from her. I bet she is such an awesome RM!!! Super cool. 

Well, not much to report on. We haven't seen a lot of our area this week because of Trail Center and then meetings that I have to go to. But it's been really good. I'm excited to go work super hard this week. Transfers are coming up next week, so my P-day will be on Wednesday. I can't wait to hear back from all of you!!! 

I love you and I love being a missionary!
Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: