Tuesday, August 7, 2012

God's Plan for Happiness

Hi family,

This week has been great, just like all the other weeks. A big shout out to Katie! Happy 2nd Birthday!!! It seems like just yesterday I was missing her 1st birthday :) I'm sure you'll all have a lot of fun. I took a moment of silence on August 4th, as I knew it was the Highland Fling. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Also, I'm super excited for you to go to Island Park. I bet that's going to be a blast. 

This week:
Tuesday: Service and then working at the Trail Center. We got more computers, so obviously, it was my duty to set them all up. It took forever and I swear I'm learning more about computers on my mission than I did working for OIT. haha. It's great though, and Heavenly Father really helps me to know what to do. 

Wednesday: We had a tri-ward youth activity where we had a panel of missionaries and the youth could ask the missionaries any question. It was a lot of fun. I think they really liked it. I think I would have thought missionaries were pretty cool if I were them--if I do say so myself :) 

Thursday: I got to see "Come Home to Kanesville" again! It was even better the 3rd time around hahaha. It's so much fun, and such a great missionary tool. We had one of our investigators come, and he really enjoyed it. 

Friday: We had Zone Leader Council, which is always so good. Then Sister Arnold and I went around to a bunch of malls because we are going to be performing at them during the holidays. Sometimes I wonder what everyone else's missions are like hahaha. We have so many crazy opportunities here, it's awesome. Then afterwards, Elder and Sister Watson took us to Longhorn for dinner. I got a steak. It was even kind of pink in the middle. You would be proud. hahaha. It was delicious. And I ate shrimp that was one of the best things I've ever had in my life. Big fan. 

Saturday: We worked on chat and then I helped Sister Belka because she was feeling pretty sick. So I just went and babysat her pretty much. This was probably a bad idea, and probably the reason why I am sick! SURPRISE! I hate being sick. It's been a while though, so that's been nice. 

Sunday: We went to church, and then my companion started feeling sick so we came back to our apartment so that she could rest. It was there that I started feeling sick too. It's the pits. We just slept all day long. 

Monday: Sick day. But, we were still able to come to the Trail Center and get some stuff done. The Seniors were having their Senior Dinner and we got a new video called "God's Plan for Happiness." They have a whole exhibit for it up at Temple Square, it's really good. Anyway, Sister Arnold and I had a video conference with Church headquarters to figure out how they wanted us to use it, so Elder Watson wanted me to present it at the Senior Dinner. It was really special. The movie is so real and brings such a wonderful Spirit. After the 11 minutes, the film was over, and I got up and just started bawling. I said that I couldn't teach any more than the film had already taught. But I could testify that I knew it was all true. And the reason why I knew it was all true was because I had seen it in my own family. I'm glad that Jared had such an incredible experience this week with recognizing the blessings of the gospel our family has received. It is such an incredible thing. I am so grateful for each one of you. I am grateful that we have lived the gospel together and that we will continue to live the gospel together. That is Heavenly Father's plan for each one of us. And the only way to true happiness. I'm grateful we are on the right track. I love you all. I commit you all to go up to Temple Square and watch it. It will be a great FHE. 

Pictures:
1- The missionary panel at the Youth activity. Sorry it's so blurry
2- Sweet bumper sticker Sis. Arnold and I saw at the mall. 

Ok- so I have been trying to figure out my life after the mission this week as well. I am pretty sure that I am going to transfer to Utah State so that I can major in Music Education. I can actually get a scholarship there just for transferring! Which is sweet. The question for all of you, especially those of you who have served missions, is: is it better to jump into school immediately or to take some time? Because I have pretty much two options: I could come home Dec. 19th and then start school on January 7th. OR I could come home January 4th, and then work for a while and then transfer up either in the summer or in August. I like the idea of working and having money, but I also like the idea of not just hanging out at home for 8 months.... I don't know what to do. I need to get it figured out, and the sooner the better. 

Anyway, I am feeling kind of dizzy, so I will probably go lay down. Know that I love you all and that I am having the time of my life out here. There is nothing better than serving the Lord. I am grateful for all of you. Have fun at Island Park and I can't wait to see all of the pictures!!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor


No comments: