Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Heavenly Father Answers Laura Proctor's Prayers


 Hello Family!!!

There isn't a whole lot to report on this week. After Sunday last week, my companion and I were super sick all week long. We didn't even go out until Thursday, so that was awful. But, from Thursday on, it was great! 

On Thursday: we went on exchanges. I was with Sister Kirby and we got to go volunteer at a health clinic. We filled prescriptions. This Doctor and a bunch of pharmacists get together and let anyone in the community come in and they do a check up thing on them then give them pills that have been donated. There are no narcotics, so it's not shifty that way. But it was super fun to work there. 

Friday: We were at the TC all day and then Elder & Sister Watson took us out to dinner and then we planned for training.

Saturday: we had training and it was so good. It was all on the God's Plan for Happiness video. Of course, this meant a lot more crying, but it was so good. And we have already seen so many miracles because of it!!!

Sunday: We had another fireside, this time in Lincoln. Lincoln is about 1- 1/2 hrs away. So someone had to drive the Transfer van. Get this, I was the first Sister in the mission to drive the van. It was so much fun!!!! We had a blast and it was such a good night! 

Monday: Today we had a Watson Wagon and we went to the Strategic Air and Space Museum. Basically, when we all come to Nebraska, it's going to be Isaac and Jack's favorite place. There were a ton of planes and we even went in one of the simulators. It was so much fun!!!! They even had the "sweet swirling onion rings" like on RocketMan. Crazy. It was so much fun. Then one of the Senior Couples took us all out to lunch. We actually just got back. Man I am so spoiled!!! I love all of the missionaries here! 

Anyway, it was a great week. I'm glad I'm no longer sick and will be able to go out tonight! Woohoo!!! Although, Heavenly Father is really smart, and since I was sick I was able to figure out my life in 4 months. With the few responses I have gotten already, and the fact that Laura could get married and Tyler's sister will be there, I will be coming home December 19th. Now, this is what I am going to say on the matter: Don't do anything cool like the chocolates or gingerbread houses until after the 19th. hahaa. Please... I guess if you have to, then do them before, but I just cannot believe that I will actually be coming home before Christmas! It's crazy!!! I just have to finish my application to LDSBC, (which will cost 35 by the way-- I hope this counts as an emergency). Anyway, it is just SO perfect. I know Heavenly Father had His hand in this one. I am so grateful. I'll call the secretary right away and let her know. PS Someone should tell Sarah about this cuz she could go with me, and it would be free for her too!

This week in Pictures:
1- these were some slippers at the museum today, that if I were really rich I would get them for Jack.
2-Me in the Transfer Van!
3-All of the Sisters at the museum
4-Sweet sweet SR-37. That's right. I know the name.
5-A bunch of the planes they have in the hanger
6- Me and Sister Arnold in the cockpit of one of them
7-Getting into the simulator
8-I'm an astronaut!

Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday to Jared and Casey! I hope your birthdays were/are GREAT! I love you both so much! 

Well, I am excited for this week so we can go tear it up in Fairview. It's gonna be awesome! 

Ok, I've gotta get an email off to President and we've gotta go do 8 hours of p-day in about 1 1/2 hours SOOO. I will talk to you all next week! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: