Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Way To Go, Hannah!

Hello Family!
 
It sounds like you had an INCREDIBLE week! Hannah I am so proud of you! Good job! What an amazing thing. I'm glad that you all got to be together so much this weekend. Also, even though it's late, Happy Birthday to Laralee!! I can't think of a better birthday present than having Hannah baptized. How awesome. I want to see pictures!!!
 
This week has been great for us. Kind of bittersweet. Sister Hawkes will be going home on Friday. Our last day together is tomorrow and I'll get my new companion on Thursday. So weird. It's gonna be crazy to have her gone. We have become such great friends, it's hard to see her go. But, I'm excited for the things that she will get to do at home and for the things I will get to do here! It will be great!
 
This week:
 
Tuesday: We went to the Stetsers for lunch (our ward missionary who has been to our house before!). It was a lot of fun. I am so grateful for all of the members here. It makes me really excited to go home and to help the missionaries.
 
Wednesday: I was just thinking about how I only have one week left with Sister Hawkes. Then I sat down and wrote about how much Heavenly Father knows and loves me. And how He puts people into our lives all the time to help us grow. He also hears and answers our prayers. He also answers the desires of our hearts, even if we haven't fully comprehended that they are our desires. Heavenly Father is so good to all of us.
 
Thursday: We helped out some members who were moving and then helped out a less-active lady. Then served in the Trail Center. But, during all the cleaning, it was a nice time to reflect on the things that I have learned from my mission and the things that I want to learn. I'm so grateful to be on a mission and to have the opportunity to serve others and Heavenly Father, and to also learn and grow for myself.
 
Friday: We had one of our investigators come to the Trail Center and watch the Joseph Smith movie. Man, I love that movie. Joseph was a prophet of God. No one can ever take that away from me.
 
Saturday: Oh my gosh. Get this. So, we taught this awesome family who lives just a couple of houses down from us a few weeks ago, but things have been crazy with school ending and what not, so we haven't been able to teach them again. But this night, we came in at 9 and then our garbage reaked, so we decided to take it out before we planned. So we came upstairs and went through the garage and opened the doors, and right as we were opening up, they were walking up to the driveway and they said they had a few questions and they were wondering if we could come over. We only had about 15 minutes and bare feet, but this was too good of an opportunity to pass-up. It was CRAZY. We were tracted into!!! hahaha It was really cool. We taught them about Adam and Eve and we are going to go teach them more next week. It's incredible how Heavenly Father inspires us to do things-- even through crazy things like smelly garbage :)
 
Sunday: Tricia finally got confirmed! What a huge relief/blessing. She was sick the week of her baptism. We are glad that she has the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It was such a good experience and she thought it was so awesome. How great.
 
Monday: We had our last district meeting- 3 of the missionaries in our district our going home. Then we all went to this Sushi place for lunch. It was actually pretty good. It's the first time I've ever had Sushi. There was this Maui roll that had mango, pineapple and coconut... and maybe shrimp, but I just ignored that part. Anyway, it was delish. But the cool thing was being able to hear the testimonies of all the missionaries that are leaving and how they have changed on their missions. How incredible. Missions are SOOOO cool!
 
The pictures are:
1- Sister Hawkes and I after her departing testimony at TC training on Saturday
2- Sister Hawkes and I about a half an hour ago :)
3- My district this last transfer - Elder Reese, Nelson, Rigby, Wilkey, Smith, Sisters Unice, Hawkes, Proctor, Rhoades
4- Sister Hawkes and I made some delicious smoothies. I spilled it all over my shirt :)
5- Another ridiculous chat :) 
 
It sounds like things are going smashingly back at home. I'm glad! Oh yeah, a lot of you have asked about what I want in a Birthday package-- I would like Denise Austen's yoga-21 days to a yoga body... If Jake is still using it then that's cool-- but if not, it's also like 8 bucks on half.com.... I like fun, springy, bright colored clothes- or money for clothes. I really like downeast things! or that bella bird stuff that Laura sent. I would love pictures of all of you! Maybe some money for new shoes. Mine are getting kind of sad. Um... I don't know. Not much has changed... I still just like having clothes :)
 
Mom- before I forget... If you have time/the funds... Elder Watson was IN LOVE with your quilt from last year. If you wanted to make a cool Pioneer quilt thing again, they would love to show it in the quilt show in September aaand Elder Watson wants to hang it up in the Trail Center afterwards- with your name on the front. Just something to think about.
 
Anywho, I want you all to know that this last transfer especially, I have realized how much Heavenly Father knows and loves us. With seeing 3 people who knew Mom the week of Mother's Day, having my Patriarch come into the Trail Center when I had been asking Heavenly Father about things that were in it, having Sister Hawkes as my companion, and seeing so many more miracles in the lives of our investigators. I am so amazed at how much Heavenly Father is involved in every aspect of our lives. We are truly SO blessed. How grateful I am for HIs love.
 
I love you all. I can't wait to hear from you again! Have a great week!
 
Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: