Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Alma 56:56

Hi Family!
Another great week has gone by. It has been a sad week since it's been President and Sister Kunz's last week. President and Sister Weston will arrive on Friday. It will be interesting, but definitely good. The worst part of missions is saying goodbye to the people you love. It starts from the very first day at the MTC, then you just keeping saying goodbye over and over again. I don't like it :). but it's OK. You just find more people to love and you stay in contact with those that you said goodbye to.

Tuesday: I had meetings for Trail Center Leader stuff and then we had our P-day. It was a good day.

Wednesday: We had our very last training from President and Sister Kunz. It was heartbreaking. They had a few of us sing "God Be With You 'Til We Meet Again." Man, I hate that song hahaha. I was bawling like a baby. It was incredible though. Just like the prophets in the Book of Mormon give their best testimonies at the ends of their chapters, President and Sister Kunz left us with such a wonderful training filled with the Spirit. I am so grateful for their friendship and for their love. They have had such a huge impact on my life. I am grateful that I was able to serve with them.

Thursday: As a TC Leader, we go out on more exchanges. So, I went with Sister Arnold to the Ralston area. It was a lot of fun. I love Sister Arnold. We found a lot of great people to teach. Missionary work is the best! She also goes to Utah State, so she talked to me about that a lot. We'll see when I get home what my plans are for my future. But, I could live with her, and that would be the funnest thing of my life.

Friday: Sister Belka and I were together to plan out more stuff for the Trail Center. It was a good night. Also, Sister Graham was following up with some people that we had chatted with last December, and one of the girls got baptized!! Incredible! I am so grateful for my calling as a missionary here in NOM and at the TC. We get to teach people in Nebraska, and then teach people in the TC who come from all over the world, and then teach people over chat who are also from all over the world. This girl that got baptized is from England and is going to a boarding school in Hyde Park. What a cool mission!!!

Saturday: We were driving out to go and teach someone, and on our way, we saw some people that we had tracted into, that ended up coming to the TC, well when we saw them this time, we invited them to the concert we were having the next night. It just worked out so perfectly. I love how Heavenly Father plans out everything so that everyone gets several opportunities to learn more about the gospel-they ended up coming, too!

Sunday: We had another concert! The Stakes in this area have scheduled all of us to come and do these musical firesides. I sang a solo called "Emma" from "Joseph: a Nashville Tribute". I played the piano for the Angels song and Sister Graham sang. Then I conducted a choir for a song called God was there. Then I sang with Sis. Atkin the song All is Well with Sis. Belka on the guitar. It was a lot of fun. The best part was that so many people from Millard were there!!! I got to see the Kmieciks which was such a tender mercy. I love them so much!!!! They are scheduled to get sealed on August 16th in the SLC temple. I'm so excited for them. I wish I could be there. Bro. Kmiecik said that during the concert, he looked at Sister Graham and I and had seen how much we have grown and changed for the better. It was so sweet of him. I was so happy to hear that. Sometimes, as a missionary, you get worried that you are changing enough or that you are holding on to the person that you were before. So, I am so grateful that he said that.

Also that night, the temple matron, Sister Schoeff, who has become one of my best friends was talking to me. She was talking more about the tour that Sis. Belka and I gave to all of them when Elder Snow was here. She said that later they were talking about it and that Elder Snow, who has been going to all of the visitors centers, said that every tour he has gotten has been a canned presentation, except for the one here. He said he could feel our spirits. What a compliment. Again, did I mention that I love my calling as a missionary?!

My heart is so full of joy. Last night, as I was praying, I was reading my favorite scripture to Heavenly Father. Alma 26:16. I told Him that I felt just like Ammon. And I understand how Ammon felt more and more everyday. What an incredible Father in Heaven we all have. I am so grateful for His love and for His plan for each one of us. I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.

Pictures:
1- Every week, we get an unexpected treat. This is what I got last P-day. They are actually surprisingly good. But remember "If loving hot dogs is wrong, I don't want to be right." They mostly just take like ketchup and mustard chips.

2- This hangs by my bed. It's the last thing I see every night. It covers up the breaker switchy thing

3- Sister Arnold and I on exchanges

4- Me with President and Sister Kunz. Oh, how I will miss them.

5- After our concert last night, we had a surprise party for Sister Arnold.

6-Me with Sister Arnold on her birthday

7- Sister Arnold with the Avengers stuff I got for my birthday. She LOVED it. So, Thanks!


Well, I've got to write my last letter to President Kunz. I hope you all have a great week. Know that I love you, and I am so grateful for your prayers. They have been felt. Be good and I'm excited to hear from you next week!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: