Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a Week

Dear family,

This week has been such a great week! Welcome to the family Abigail!!! You are soooo cute! I can't wait to meet all of my new nieces and nephews! We had a fun district activity this morning where we went and played frolf and ultimate frisbee. It was pretty great.

This week:
Tuesday: Michael and his family are moving, and I got to say goodbye to them. It was so great to see them. I love that family and I can't wait to stay in touch for the rest of our lives. They will always be so special to me.

Wednesday: It was Mormon night at the baseball stadium here! I conducted the missionary choir and they sounded so great! It was a lot of fun. Then we spent the rest of the night watching the baseball game with a bunch of missionaries and the mission president- something I never thought would happen, it was crazy! Then we also had a booth where we went and talked to people about coming to the the trail center. I found out that I have allergies in Nebraska. It's awful. Whenever it's windy, my eyes water like crazy, I sneeze and my head feels like it's going to explode. It's been fun to find allergies ;) So I was going pretty crazy that night with them since it was so windy. But it was still a very great and very fun night.

Thursday: We had exchange day. It was a lot of fun. I went with one of the newer sisters. She was great. It's fun to remember what it was like when you first came out and then to see the changes that you have made and the progress that you made. It's awesome.

Friday: We had some great trainings at the Trail Center from the mission department. It was awesome. Then that night we were on chat. It was good.

Saturday: this day was FULL of tender mercies. As you know, Jake's friend came into the TC and his wife who is friends with Taniel got to show me pics of Abigail! It was so exciting. I just love it when people who know my family come in. It makes me so happy and so proud.  Then, later in the day, this older couple came in they said they were from Highland. Their last name was Wengert. We started talking about where our houses were and then she asked me if Larry Gibson was ever my Stake President and I said yes, then she said that her husband used to be the Stake Patriarch. And right then I realize why the name Wengert sounded familiar, because it's right at the bottom of my Patriarchal blessing!!!! They came in and I got to take them on tour!!!!! It was one of the most incredible things of my life. They asked if any of the blessings in it had come to fruition-- I told him of my whole saga with my blessing and how I had finally decided to follow the counsel in it. They told me so many amazing things and then asked if anything else stood out to me, and I told them some things I had questions about in it, and that I had actually been praying and asking Heavenly Father what they meant earlier that week! They told me all about it. It was amazing. Man, I just wanted to get out my blessing and have them go through it with me. It was such a tender mercy. They gave me their name and number so that I could call them so they could come to my homecoming. After they left, Brother Wengert came back in with a bouquet of flowers which they bought intended to place on a grave-- but they couldn't find it, so they gave them to me. Such a wonderful, sweet day. Wow.

Sunday: We had a really busy day at the Trail Center and I took over 34 people on tour- granted one of them was a big tour, but it was so fun. The big tour had a bunch of the cutest little kids in it. It reminded me of all my nieces and nephews. Especially this one little girl, who looked like Eve. She was my favorite, and I picked her to do most of the stuff ;)

The pictures are:
1. I just thought this was funny. It was on the sidewalk
 
2. Getting hot dogs at the Baseball game
 
3. Sis. Hawkes and I at the baseball game
 
4. A bunch of the missionaries at the game
 
5. Me in the projects with some of the cute kids that we got to teach
 
6. The Flowers that the Wengerts gave me
 
7. This was this morning when we were playing Frisbee golf
 

Well, it sounds to me like everything is going great for everyone! It's so good to hear from you! This transfer is almost over, which is NUTS! Sister Hawkes goes home in a week and a half. I hate that. Oh well, it will be good. Nebraska is getting hotter and more humid by the minute. But, the bonus is that there are fireflies out now! It's so awesome! Ok, well it was good to hear from all of you and I love you very much. I am sorry this is shorter, but we don't have a ton of time since we spent most of our day playing frisbee :) I love you all!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: