Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6-19-12

Hello Family!
 
This week has been 100% INSANE.
On Monday we had P-day, then we cleaned our apartment for our inspections. Then on
 
Tuesday: We had a Trail Center Leader meeting and Sister Belka and I had prayed for opportunities to talk with the sisters about their concerns-and have it be a natural thing. And an hour after that prayer, two of the sisters came up to me and said they wanted to talk. It was amazing. Heavenly Father is so good at answering prayers.
 
Wednesday: We had district meeting then had to come back and finish cleaning our apartment. This is the night I shattered the fridge shelf. That was special. 
 
Thursday: I went to the Mission home and helped President Kunz with more computer/iPhone stuff, then went to the TC. Sister Belka and I did the same thing we did lats week where we were stationed in the memorial room for a 5 group youth conference tour. It was really cool.  
 
Friday: I woke up and opened presents, had breakfast, went and helped Pres. Kunz some more, then I helped some sisters clean their apartment, then we got to go to the temple! It was so great! One day shy of my 1 year mark of going through the temple. It was incredible. I love the temple. Then, I went to Applebees with Sisters Rhoades, Graham and Bergeson. Birthdays on missions are so great! Everyone says the absolute nicest things about you and there is so much love. It was a really special day.
 
Saturday: Sister Belka and I got to take Elder Snow on tour. What an incredible opportunity. The Spirit was so strong and I was so proud to be a missionary in the Trail Center. Amazing. Also, another tour that I took that day, I asked him when He had felt His Savior's love for him and he said when he had gone through to get his endowments and all of his family was there waiting for him in the celestial room. That was so sweet because that same thing happened exactly one year earlier to me. It was such a sweet reminder of that incredible experience and how grateful I am for the temple.
 
Sunday: We found a new investigator who is incredible (fyi we had 4 hours in our area that week.... insaneeee) It was great to be able to go out teaching.
 
Monday: We served in the Trail Center all day long. Also, on Thursday morning, Elder Watson had a mini-stroke and was in the hospital overnight. He came to training on Saturday morning, but seemed a little weird still, and then the same thing happened again on Saturday afternoon, and so he stayed in the hospital until Sunday night. Then on Monday, I got to go up to his house and see him. He was doing much better. They think it's related to exhaustion since he has sleep apnea. But it has been a rough couple of days with our wonderful leader not being able to do everything that he wants to do. I am so grateful for him and for his friendship. This morning we had a TC leader meeting and we brought him and Sister Watson breakfast. It was really sweet. I love those two so much. Please keep them in your prayers.
 
So, besides only having 4 hours in our area this week, things are going great! I'm glad to hear that things are going well at home, minus the bed rest and the blown out knees! haha. I hope both Laura and Michelle get better soon!
 
I hope that things keep going great. Thank you so much for all of the birthday presents, I loved them! Lars, the avengers stuff wasn't up because they decorated before I opened up the package. But, it is Sister Arnolds birthday on Sunday, and I'm totally going to use it for her bday. She is going to freak out. And Casey, your birthday banner came in handy for Sister Coat's birthday:) It's funny because the avengers one is perfect for Sis. Arnold, and the one Casey sent was totally Sister Coat's style. It's like you knew!! Very awesome.
 
Well family, I sure do love you. Can you believe Sarah will be home in like a month and a half!? What the heck! Anyway, back to me telling you that I love you, I do :) I hope your week is great and I can't wait to hear from you again!
 
Love,
Sister Proctor
 
1- This is another good use of the missionary library books that other missionaries leave behind. We have used them for bed risers :)
2- This is shattered glass all over the sink in our apartment. I was cleaning the shelf from the fridge, which was really cold, and the water was really hot, and well, it just dissolved and shattered everywhere. What a nightmare.
3-This is me and Elder Smith. We have been sharing an area for the last 12 weeks, but he was just waiting for his Visa. He finally got it, and this was his last day before he headed to New Zealand
4- Opening up Birthday presents in the morning! Thank you so much everyone for the birthday presents! I LOVED them. Birthdays on the mission are the best!
5- The Sisters decorated at their apartment and we had chocolate cake pancakes :)
6- Sister Rhoades and I at Applebees to celebrate that night. It was her 1 year mark and my 23rd birthday. So fun
7-Sister Belka and I gave Elder Steven E. Snow a tour! He was a former member of the First Presidency of the Seventy and the newly called Church Historian-- No pressure right? It was an incredible experience! His wife, President and Sister Kunz, The Temple President and his wife were also on the tour. How awesome!











 

No comments: