Monday, May 14, 2012

Long Time No See! Alma 17:2

Hello Family!

Well, judging by the lack of letters in my inbox, this is going to be a short letter :) I guess it's OK since we talked yesterday. It was so good to see all of you! I love knowing that things go on just the same without me there. It was SOOOO good to talk to Jared. Oh my gosh! How fun! We had a lot of laughs. He is such a great missionary. I'm so proud of him. Well, you should know that I am EXHAUSTED. We just got back from a tour in Boys Town. It was pretty cool. It's like juvie, but way better. There is a movie about it. You should watch it. It has Mickey Rooney in it. Pretty cool.

So for this week:

Wednesday: We had a great day in the Trail Center. I got to give a tour to G Brown who used to be in the 6th ward. It was way fun. It was a really good tour too. I included a picture of me with her and all of her friends.

Thursday: This is the night that we taught Tricia, and she had read the "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet and decided to dress modestly. SOOO cool!!! It was like our baby was growing up. Missions are the best! We are going to get her started in Personal Progress, since she is 19 and didn't get a chance to do it. Awesome!

Friday:Sister Hawkes and I were trying to figure out this song that Sister Myers had wrote for Winter Quarters. It's beautiful. It's really fun to be able to express yourself through music. If only Jodi Scott could hear me now. She always wanted me to get a boyfriend or something in the 8th grade so I would show emotion in my music hahaha. The good news is, I figured it out! Without a boyfriend!--good thing, since I'm on a mission :)

Saturday: Florence Day Parade. This was the funnest. I felt like a beauty queen just waving and smiling but it was so much fun! Then that night, Tricia had her baptismal interview and passed! We are so happy for her!!!

Sunday: I don't think anything can trump being able to talk to my WHOLE family! Best day ever!!!!

Pictures:
1- Me with Jess Henby- she is the cutest. She is a convert from a couple of years ago, and she is a powerhouse! She is moving to Utah, so I'm sad to see her leave, but excited to see her when she gets home! 
 2- Me with Gayle Brown and friends. They were the cutest
 3- Me and Sister Graham before the parade in our pioneer clothes. I'm so glad we don't have to wear those everyday at the TC
 4- Me with Sister Hawkes on our way to the parade
 5- Gorgeous cathedral at Boys Town this morning
 6- Me with Sister Atkin at Boys Town
 7- In the tiny desks at Boys Town. Me, Sisters Ford, Bergeson and Graham
 8- Sister Hawkes and I at Boys Town

Welp, I am totally tired and ready for a nap :) It was so good to see all of you and I hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day! I am so grateful for ALL the women in our family who are wonderful examples of righteous mothers and potential mothers. It's amazing what a difference a good mother makes in the lives of her children. Luckily for all of us, we have had good mothers.

On Wednesday Tricia is getting baptized and that will be so awesome! I just love seeing the light in people's eyes change as they accept the gospel! You truly can see the light of Christ in their eyes. Amazing. It's in all of your eyes, as well. I love you all so much. I am sorry this is so short. Write me lots next week! Thank you for all the pictures Dad! I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: