Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Alma 46

OMG!!! I can't believe Taniel is in labor right now!!! That's incredible!! I'm so excited to see pictures next week! baaahhhhh

Well, This week has been great! Tricia got baptized!!! It was awesome!

This week in tender mercies:
Monday: We have been teaching someone who is incredible. I seriously love her. Anyway, she grew up in Venezuela with a psycho dad. And she has a hard time believing that God is her loving Heavenly Father because she doesn't know what a good dad is like. And it just made me so grateful for my Dad! Because of his love for me and how much he serves our family, it is EASY for me to feel God's love and to know that He cares about me. It's incredible. Thank you, Dad!!!

Tuesday: We got to help one of our members paint their house. She is incredible. Her name is Jenny Stetser and she has actually been to our house!! She is friends of Stephanie Smith and came over when mom was making her wedding dress, crazy huh! Anyway, she is a phenomenal ward missionary, so it was nice to be able to serve her.

Wednesday: We had Zone Conference- Sister Hawkes and I sang "Behold the Wounds in Jesus' Hands" It was beautiful. We were super nervous for some reason though. President Kunz recorded it. I don't know if it's going on their blog or not. Then, that night, Tricia got baptized!!! It was so great. I am so proud of her!

Thursday: haha this is exactly what I wrote in my journal "This journal entry is dedicated to Melodie Dearden: Today I mowed the lawn." hahaha. But, seriously, I did. And it was so fun. Then we had a great night on chat.

Friday: This week has been service week to the max! We helped one of our members clean up their house with a bunch of women from the RS. Man, the church is awesome.

Saturday: We practiced for the national anthem-- which I am no longer singing in, but CONDUCTING, in front of thousands of people. It will be really cool though. Then we did some more service, which was way fun.

Sunday: we were in the TC and this nonmember couple came in and they were just fighting the whole time. It was so awkward haha. At the end, by the SLC temple, I told them about my family. And how it was forever. And how knowing that made our relationships so much better. I also talked about my two parents who were married in that very temple. And how I had never seen them fight in my life. They were stunned. They took a Book of Mormon, gave me their information and I hope that they are willing to work for the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for them. Thank you Mom and Dad for getting sealed in the temple and working hard everyday to keep the covenants you made there.

Monday: MORE SERVICE! We helped two less active women in our ward. One we helped pack up to move, and the other we did some yard work for. The one that we did yard work for is so great. She is so friendly and so nice, and just needs to come back to church. She was married when she was 18, in the temple- but then her husband went crazy. After that she said that it seemed like every lesson in church was on eternal families and she was just sad. So, she married someone else (non member) and hasn't been to church in who knows how long. But when she talks about it, you can tell she still believes it's all true and wants it in her life. So I straight up asked her if she wanted a temple marriage with the husband she has now-- she said yes, but that she didn't think it would ever happen. We told her that she has to show that it's important to her and then Heavenly Father will bless her. I'm excited for her. I know that if she does what is right, she will get the things that she desires. Pretty cool.

Pictures:
1-Tricia at her baptism

2-Tricia and all the missionaries in BV2. L-R Elder Smith, Elder Reese, Tricia, Me, Sis. Hawkes.  Elder Reese baptized her. It was pretty cool. I love these Elders, they have become some of my best friends.

3- This was on a church's billboard. What the heck?! What does that have to do with anything religious? Talk about plain and precious truths being lost :)

4- I try to get pictures of all the low flying planes around here all the time, but sometimes it's hard. I can't wait to bring Jack and Isaac here next summer. They will go CRAZY!

It sounds like you have all had a great week! I'm excited for Taniel and Isaac! I hope to hear from you all soon! Know that I love you and miss you! Keep up the good work!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: