Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Cinco de Marcho!!!! --On Location

Hello Family!!! It's the best day of the year!

It was great to hear from you! I'm glad to hear that Ella is doing better. Seeing that picture of her in the hospital bed is enough to break your heart. Oh my goodness. I'm glad everyone is getting better.

Tuesday: For P-day we went to this really cute place in downtown Omaha called Old Market. It's totally my kind of place. There are just a bunch of really cute stores and cobblestone pathways, I loved it. They also have a pretty sweet theater that when I come back to visit I will definitely hit up. That night we met with Michael and helped him get ready for his baptismal interview. He is such a happy boy now, it's amazing to see what the gospel can do for his whole family.

Wednesday: I went on exchanges with Sister Hawkes!!! Her and I have been dreaming of a day where we could be companions and even though it was only for a day, it was awesome! She is so great, and it was so fun to be with her. We met a lot of really great people. AAAAND she is serving in the ward where President and Sister Kunz go, so Sister Kunz came on a team up with us. AMAZING!

Thursday: One of our investigators was getting surgery the next Friday and so she had a Priesthood blessing before she went in. It was AMAZING!!! I love Priesthood blessings.

Friday: We met Michael's grandparents and he had his baptismal interview. His grandparents are just SO excited! The grandma has been praying for YEARS for the missionaries to find her daughter and grandkids. Little did she know that her daughter sought out the missionaries! Prayers are answered in mysterious ways, but they are always answered the best ways.

Saturday: What a phenomenal day. Michael was baptized. Before his baptism, they all came into the trail center to remember where it all began. We were all bawling like babies, but it was just so special. Michael said he loves the memorial room because it is the first time he felt God's love. He said he could feels it there the most. It was so special. Then we went to his baptism. I have never cried at a baptism, but I had the waterworks on. This family means so much to me. I have loved them since the moment I met them at the Trail Center. And to be able to see the help and the progress that they have made has been remarkable. They will always hold such a special place in my heart.

Sunday: Michael was confirmed. I peaked my eyes open and I could see his face as a circle of Priesthood holders had their hands on his head. You could just see the light radiating from this little boy. It was so sweet. I can't imagine not coming on a mission and not knowing this wonderful family. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity.

Today our whole district is having a Cinco de Marcho party. We have been counting down all week long. We've got everything made and we are going to have a pinata and then play soccer (futbol). It's going to be so fun. I'm glad that even if you all can't do Cinco de Marcho because of all the sickies that it will still be celebrated :) I love it. Remember when Laura and I were taking a nap on CdM and Michelle texted us: "why siesta when you can have a fiesta!" hahaha. I was thinking of that this morning. So funny.

The pictures:
1: Those are gummy rats and gummy spiders. So sick.

2: The gummy rat.

3: At Old Market. So fun.

4: All the sisters that came to Old Market. Me, Sis Baker, Unice, Ford, Hawkes, Davis

5: At Michael's baptism

6: All of us in the Memorial room the day Michael got baptized.

7: That was me this morning. I figured I haven't sent you any of the gem pictures of me, so I should start again.

It is starting to feel like spring here. The tulips are poking up out of the ground and the sun is shining bright! It's the best!!! I'm so grateful that I didn't have to deal with a Nebraska winter. Hopefully the little bit of the next one that I will experience won't be too bad :|   We had a tornado warning on Tuesday night. It was raining LIKE CRAZY!!! We were on the base housing and the command post got on and cancelled all flights. It was cool. Seriously, Jack and Isaac would love it here. There are huge planes EVERYWHERE all the time. They fly super low too. We'll have to come back and visit. Back to the tornado warning, we obviously survived, and I didn't even see one. So hopefully we won't have to worry about those...

So, I talked to Sister Kunz today. We are planning on getting my hernia fixed. She told me this morning though that missionary medical would pay for me to fly out and then to have our insurance cover it... The only problem with that is that I do not want to come home. I think that would be SO hard. So we'll see what happens. They will also just pay for me to have it done here, the only issue is that it is tithing money... ugghhhhh. I am so sick of this dilemma. I want it to just magically disappear.

In the meantime, I really like Sister Davis. We both are doing our best to constantly be progressing and growing. She is so supportive and so willing to do any crazy idea I have. She is teaching me a lot about how to really support someone. I am grateful for that.

Happy Birthday Laura on Sunday!!!! It's on daylight savings day, which means your birthday is one hour shorter, which means you should probably celebrate it all week long. It's only fair.

Sarah said she would like my weekly email forwarded to her.

Well, I hope you all start feeling better soon!!! Being sick is NO fun. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of the love and support you give me. I have a few questions that have gone out, but never been answered, like such as: Did the video that I sent you work? Were you able to watch it? Mom and Dad did you ever get my social security card in the mail? --this one is kind of huge and would be GREAT if I could know.

Thank you again for being such a great family! I wish you all a Happy Cinco de Marcho!!!

Love you,
Sister Proctor

No comments: