Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Way We Were... before we watched this terrible movie.


It's on all of the "Top 50 Best Chick Flick Lists" I've ever seen. It's a classic. All our mom's LOVE it. It's the movie, The Way We Were. Our dear roommate Melodie picked it up for us at the library. We set a time, 10:00 p.m. Friday night, to watch it. We were all SO excited. We got our pajama pants on, turned off all the lights, got our comfy blankets and pushed play.

The movie has an interesting plot, in that NO ONE understands it. She is very opinionated about something, but who really knows. There is an unbelievably long and awkward bedroom scene. The movie was 2 painful hours long. OOOH and the best part? They don't even end up together. What kind of chick flick is that? It was sad, depressing, awkward and confusing. Not exactly the ingredients for a great chick flick.

When it was over, my roommates and I just sat there and wondered if we missed something? Was it an era thing? Did we have to live in the 70's to figure out what the heck was going on? Needless to say, I wish I could go back to the way we were, before we watched that movie.

5 comments:

Laura said...

haha you poor girls! sorry i missed it. seems like an epic memory i will never get to live through with my roommates... not sure whether i should be sad, or grateful. haha. look on the bright side. we have FISH!

Christensen family said...

HAHA, I heard that was good so I watched it awhile ago, and I have to agree, it was STUPID!! Sorry you didn't ask me before watching it. :)

Michelle said...

haah! Yeah, that movie is retarded! I don't understand it either.

Melanie said...

I am a mom and I hate that movie. You should write for a news paper or something. I love all of your posts they make me laugh every time I see them.

Kylar said...

Oh my laws my mom had me watch that movie like a year ago and I nearly died!! Which is tragic cuz they're both such good actors and then this movie happened....blech!