Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Pioneer Day!!!

Hey Family!

Well this last week was transfers, and I got transferred out of Bellevue 2nd. It was sad to leave, but I am now in Fairview and I am really excited. My new companion is Sister Watson from Las Vegas. She's great. We have fun together. Fairview is so beautiful, and I've been on exchanges there so I already knew some of the investigators which was nice. 

I saw the Rhoades. They are so great. I hope they enjoyed their trip. 

It was good to hear from all of you!

This week:
Tuesday: we had P-day and then we went to the Winter Quarters Pageant called "Come Home to Kanesville" it was soooooo good. I love musicals. 

Wednesday: We found out transfers. I worked in the Trail Center, then we went and said goodbye to everyone. It was really sad to leave. I love Bellevue 2nd so much. 

Thursday: Transfers, then planning with Sister Arnold-she is the new TC leader and at the beginning of the transfer we have a lot to do. But we work really well together and FAST! so it's nice!

Friday: We had more TC leader planning and then went to a members house for dinner and we brought an investigator. It was so good. Fairview reminds me a lot of Millard, which is great, because I LOVE Millard. Anyway, super good day.

Saturday: We had another concert. It was really good! These concerts have become a pretty big deal around here. It's cool. 

Sunday: Great day in a new ward! I got to meet a lot of the members. Fairview is pretty tiny, but the people are incredible. I'm so excited to be here. Had lunch with some great members. They were actually an answer to prayer. We only had an apple to bring for lunch, so at church I just prayed that someone would invite us over for lunch, and whamo- they did. Pretty cool. Also that night we had a Hymn Fest with the Remnant Church and the Community of Christ. It was really cool. Sis. Graham and I performed Angels. It was awesome. 

Monday: we had service with one of our investigators and then a great night at the Trail Center. I took this family on tour and we were in the cabin talking about what we were all grateful and this little 5 year old said he was grateful for Jesus Christ. It was the sweetest thing, and the Spirit was so strong. Incredible. 

Today we have a Pioneer day BBQ with all the sisters and senior couples. It will be a lot of fun. I'm excited! I actually have to go set up for it now, which is why my letter is so short/scattered! 

Pictures
1-The gorgeous cornfields in BV2
2-The Witters- we've been living with them for 6 months. How I love them.
3-Saying goodbye to sis. Rhoades
4-Sis Belka, Lamb, me, Rhoades
5-Hello Sis. Watson
6-Sis Belka and I on our 1 year mark! CRAZY!!!!!
Ok, Since it's pioneer day I have to send you a few of my favorite pioneer stories:
Dear Parents, Brothers and Sisters, The last letter I received from you was dated January 25th. The general tenor the letter is to have us return, but I have not the most distant idea, neither has Nathan, of ever turning back. Our course is and must be onward. Think of the words of our Savior  “No man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the Kingdom of Heaven.” I did not embrace this work hastily, I came into it understandingly. I weighed the subject, I counted the cost. I know the consequence of every step I took. I have not been disappointed in the least. I compared this gospel with that which the Savior and the apostles preached and I saw what it cost them. I was convinced that the same doctrine must be preached at the same expense. It never did cost anything to support error, men can propagate error and be popular. But the truth always cost the best blood on earth, not excepting the Son of God and if I set my standard so high as to aspire to be a joint heir with Jesus Christ, of course I must not shrink from drinking the bitter cup. –Eliza A. Cheney, written at Winter Quarters

We must be sure that the legacy of faith received from the pioneers who came before us is never lost. Let their heroic lives touch our hearts, and especially the hearts of our youth, so the fire of true testimony and unwavering love for the Lord and His Church will blaze brightly within each one of us as it did for our faithful pioneers. Their accomplishments were possible because they knew, as I know, that our Heavenly Father and His beloved Son, Jesus Christ, restored the gospel of Jesus Christ through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that this Church will continue to roll forth until it fills the whole earth. –M. Russell Ballard


K, I don't even have time to change the font, but know that I love you. I am so grateful for the Pioneers. I am grateful to tell their stories. Their testimonies strengthen my testimony on a daily basis. What an incredible opportunity it is to be here. Know that we would all do the same thing that they did if we were asked. Our testimonies merge with theirs as we hear their stories. I Love you all. 

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: