Monday, February 6, 2012

Hello family!

Well, the Nebraska winter finally hit us. It snowed about 8 inches in one night! It was crazy. Now everything is COVERED with snow. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the snow for you... but, I do have the following pictures:


Me and Sister G saying goodbye at transfer point.


 Me and my new companion Sister D
 
That is Brother K holding up the Tree of Life picture that I drew for them.
 Me with the Ks. I miss them SO much
Me with J and her husband M. They are really great.

Me with S
 Me and my old Willit #1 roommates

This week has been crazy. I never thought it would be SO hard to leave Millard. I guess I kind of figured that my whole mission would be spent there. Missions are hard. You think that all you have to do is say goodbye to your family and then go for a year and a half and then see them again. But instead, you are saying goodbye CONSTANTLY, to people that you really love. I was bawling the whole way home the last night I had in Millard. But, I know that Heavenly Father is in charge of tranfers and Bellevue 2nd is the best place for me to be right now.

This ward is AMAZING. Holy cow. They work so closely with the missionaries and there is so much work to be done. So, it's crazy because Millard is kind of ritzy and nice and mostly rich people. Bellevue 2nd is SO different. My first lesson was in THE PROJECTS. That's right, the projects are in our area. And we were sitting there, and this lady was telling us how every now and then they have to spray down the heat vent and when they do, roaches just RAIN down. BAAAHHHHH!!!!!! I was sitting right under this said heat vent!!! It was so sick!!!! And then in the middle of the lesson a roach started crawling on the wall behind the lady we were teaching. It was disgusting. I come home smelling awful every night. But it's amazing and I wouldn't trade it for anything. There are so many good people in our area and so much potential. It's kind of nice being around people in more humble circumstances.

The good news is, our apartment, is not in the projects hahah. We live in the basement apartment of our Bishop. It is SOOOOOOOOOO nice and so cute! I wish I could have this same apartment in Provo. I have a walk in closet, A SOCK DRAWER, and just nice stuff! It totally beats my old apartment haha. I had 3 drawers to my name and shared a bathroom and tiny kitchen with 4 girls. This place is amazing! haha.

This week in tender mercies:
Wednesday: Being able to say goodbye to all of the people who have meant so much to me. I am really going to miss them and I can't wait to see them again! Luckily, they can all come visit me at the trail center, which is a tender mercy as well.

Thursday: My new ward mission leader is AMAZING. He is a total answer to my prayers. He just works so hard and expects the same from us. I am so grateful to have him help me have a sucessful mission.

Friday: We had a great day finding people! There are so many people prepared to hear the gospel.

Saturday: Knowing that Heber got baptized!!! Way to go! That is amazing!

Sunday: I don't know if you remember, but back in October, I took this lady and her 2 kids on tour. She had been a member growing up, but went Atheist for a while, then she went to Afghanistan and realized that there had to be a God. Then her 11 year old boy had questions so they came into the TC to learn more about it. She referred herself and her family. Well, I am now serving in her ward!!!! She bore her testimony in RS and she has just become fully active and is AMAZING. Then we had a lesson that night with them since her son M is not baptized. He has been giving the other sisters a really hard time and just won't commit to being baptized. But last night we had a GREAT lesson and he is calling his grandpa today to talk about baptism and if he decides to get baptized his grandpa will fly out to baptize him in March! So PRAY that that discussion will go well and that M will get baptized in March. They hold such a special place in my heart and if the only reason I am in the Bellevue 2nd ward is to teach M then I am so grateful for that. I love that little family so much! What a great day.

Well, we have a shortened P-day again. I switched zones so now I get to go to the temple AGAIN! Which is awesome! So I'm gonna hurry and email everyone since I won't have a ton of time later today. Just know that I love you all and I am so grateful to be serving a mission. I am amazed at the miracles that I see everyday. I love my Savior and I love being His servant.

Love,
Sister Proctor

P.S. I forgot to wish Eve, Clint and Ella a happy birthday this week!!!! I love you all!!!!

No comments: