Tuesday, February 14, 2012

But Who's Counting....Apparently You Are My Friend!

Hello to the greatest family in the world!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!! I hope you all know that I love you SOOOOOOOO much and I am so grateful for all of you! Also, Happy Anniversary Isaac and Taniel! That is awesome!!

Well, I attached a video of my new apt. Hopefully it works. I'll also send another letter with just the pictures. It's pretty fun.

This week in tender mercies:

Tuesday, reading the Book of Mormon focusing on the Atonement. It's SOOOO Cool! I circle every time it mentions The Savior or Heavenly Father and then I underline all the times they show their love. It's phenomenal, and my pages just end up being filled!!! I will put that in the email with the pictures.

Wednesday: We had a great district meeting with our new district! It was really fun. At district meeting, we all had to point out something that we loved about our companions. Sister Davis said that she noticed that I had charity, and that I was as bold as I was loving. This is something I have been praying for for a long time, so I was very grateful. Also, I was just so happy that Ella was turning one that day!!

Thursday: Elder Watson gave me a little pep-talk because it's been hard having to switch areas, but it was awesome. We had a great day at the Trail Center.

Friday: We got to go to the temple!!! And then we did weekly planning. Sister Davis and I decided that we are going to be LEGENDS!!! Mostly, that we are going to do everything to ensure that we have a happy and successful mission :) It was fun.

Saturday: Eve's 3rd Birthday. We had a lesson with this lady in the projects, and when I asked to sit on the couch, she wanted us to sit on the floor because they had bed bugs on the couch..... because apparently bed bugs don't crawl on the floor!?!!! I'm itching right now just thinking about it. So the biggest tender mercy was that we didn't get them... that we know of... So sick. Another tender mercy is that I got called to Nebraska. I don't think I could handle it where it's like the projects EVERYWHERE. I would die. Heavenly Father knew exactly what I needed.

Sunday: We set someone for baptism! She is so sweet and so excited to get baptized!!! Good news, it's not a single man!!!

Monday: Sister Ford who used to be in President Kunz's ward was telling me that she was asking when we would go home (since we will go home at the same time). He told her that as a Trail Center Sister we can go home 30 days before our 18 month mark. Which would be December 20th!!!!! So, as long as our new mission president does the same thing, I should be home for Christmas!!!! How great is that!!!! That means I have 10 months and 1 week left... if I were counting... That is crazy.

So, we are in big time finding mode right now. Last night, this lady wouldn't talk to us for 5 seconds because she had to go watch the end of the Bachelor. Salvation or Bachelor... hmmm... which one which one. Yikes. It's so hard when people just don't want to learn about the gospel. It hurts my heart. But, we know that the field is white and ready to harvest!!! So we have to find those that have been prepared! As long as we keep working hard and doing the things that we need to be doing, we will be blessed. This much I do know.

So, there is also military housing in our area. It's kind of hard because you can't proselyte there, and they are respectable people who want to be good citizens. So that's hard. But, we also are right next to the Offutt Air  Force Base so there are airplanes all the time! Isaac and Jack would go crazy!!! We got a little bit lost and I ended up on the base... about to go through security... luckily there was a turn around before I had to explain to the security guard hahaha. But they had some sweet planes that I will send you a picture of in the 2nd email.

It is straight-up FREEZING here. Oh my gosh. As soon as you walk outside it feels like your face got bit off. Seriously so cold. I am so grateful though that it only started now and it hasn't been this cold since November. That's another tender mercy.

Well, it sounds like you had a fun week! I am so excited that you are doing international dinner!!!! I have the best recipe for Tamales for when I get home. No they are not a Nebraska thing, but they are a recipe from someone I taught in Nebraska, so it's legit. And they are delicious.

I got Laura's V-day package and I was so happy when I opened it! SO awesome!!!! Also, I won't be at the TC until Thursday, so I won't get the package that Jake and Laralee sent me, but we are having zone conference tomorrow, so maybe the people who live by the TC can bring it to me. I love getting packages/letters, they are so FUN! 

Let me tell you one thing that I have definitely learned, and that is the importance of budgeting. Some people who we teach, blow all of their money within like a week. I know that I wasn't the best at budgeting, but I can see what the potential is for not budgeting. Yikes. I have gotten a lot better with rationing out my monthly money with groceries and what not. Also, it's nice now that I don't have to pay 7 bucks a week for laundry and stuff like that. But, I just see grown people blowing all of their money on stupid things, like cigarettes! Lame! Plus, my coat smells like death. I smell like a total smoker. I am going to wash it today. Anyway, I figured Mom and Dad would be happy to know that I have really been making big changes to budget better.

Speaking of budgeting better, Sis. Davis and I are going to spend a whopping 7 dollars on the heart shaped pizza at Papa Murphy's to celebrate valentines day! hahhaa. I am excited. When I found out there was a Papa Murphy's I about died. I was telling Sister Davis about all of the times I just spent my Friday nights at home eating a papa murphy's pizza and watching a movie with Mom, Dad and Laura. I loved that and I really miss it. So, that will be fun for us today.

Let me tell you just how much I love this gospel. Every morning, after walking up and down the stairs for a 1/2 an hour, I get 1 hour to study the scriptures, and preach my gospel. Then in the next hour I get to study with Sister Davis, where we discuss how awesome the gospel is. I am so blessed! It hit me that I don't have too much time left on my mission, and that all of the things that I wanted to do/learn on my mission needed to get done! I have been taking advantage of the opportunities that I have to change for the better! It's amazing. I am so grateful for our Savior who enables me to change. Who stretches me and pushes me just enough to help me to grow into a better person. It's when we embrace that change that we have the most progress. I know that we are here to progress! There is this amazing talk by Bradley Wilcox called His grace is sufficient. I recommend you all read it. It talks about how we are saved by grace, but more importantly we are CHANGED by grace. How amazing is that!? Heavenly Father has such a great plan for all of us and I am so grateful to be helping others find that plan. I love this gospel, and I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I am amazed everyday at His love for me and His children. I love all of you and I am so grateful for everything you do to support me. I love you and I miss you.

Love,
Sister Proctor

P.S. Laura will you email Sarah and tell her Happy Birthday!!! I love you all!
Pictures:


 This is from last week, all of the snow. That was from ONE night of snowing.

The planes from when we accidentally went to the Air Force Base
 Sister Nichols came to visit me at the Trail Center! I was so happy! I miss her so much. P.S. that is not a weird hat she is wearing, it's from the Nauvoo temple that is behind us. But still funny.
 That was me this morning after I recorded that video. I just got done exercising, so I don't look the greatest, but oh well.
The way I mark my Atonement Book of Mormon. So awesome!!! 


I love you all!!!!!

No comments: