Monday, January 30, 2012

I'll Take the Rocket


This has been a good week. The pictures are from our zone activity last week of making shirts. Me with the Davis' who left yesterday morning. One ridiculous chat that we got the other day. And I will send you another email with another ridiculous chat. Don't post those pictures though, because they have the email addresses of people. 

This week in tender mercies:
Monday: P-day, getting letters and pictures from home!!! I love hearing from you all, it really just brightens up my week. Thank you so much. 

Tuesday:The TC was unbelievably slow, buuuut, I read 40 pages of the Book of Mormon. It is really nice to get all of the study time that we do when it's so slow. 

Wednesday: I found this devotional from Legrand Richards called Missionary experiences. You should all read it. It's phenomenal. It just talks about how TRUE this gospel is!!! In fact, maybe I'll attach it. Done. You should all read it. In fact, Will you all read it by my next P-day? I promise that if you do, you will be able to strengthen your testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and come closer to Him. :) 

Thursday: We had exchanges and so I went to another area. I learned a lot. And a lot of the things that I have been praying for were answered on that day through that exchange. It was really great to see how Heavenly Father was looking after me. So grateful.

Friday: 6 month mark!!! Wooo hooo!!! We also had a great district meeting and I had a lot of realizations about missionary work and about the gospel. I love that. 

Saturday: We went over to one of our investigators house and she was busy cleaning, and so we offered to help. I have been dying to help clean this house since I got here in August. We cleaned the kitchen, it was disgusting and I have never cleaned more dishes in my life, but it looked SO good afterwards!!!!! I felt like Niecy Nash on clean house. Shoot! 

Sunday: Natte came to church!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best thing ever! I'm so glad that he finally did! Everyone was greeting him afterwards and he loved it. He especially loved the intermediate hymn of "Who's on the Lord's Side?" Which was great. So good to see people actually progress!!!

Monday: We just had a few hours in our area, but it was so enjoyable just going out and talking to random strangers. Enjoying that is a tender mercy. 

Happy Birthday Michelle on Saturday!!! That is so exciting!!! 

So today, our P-day is cut 3 hours short since we are going to the temple this Friday, so I will try my best to write you all letters. 

You all sound like you are doing so great and I am so grateful for every single one of you. Please know that I love you so much. I miss you all, but I am so grateful for this time that I get to serve a mission. Sometimes it is hard and I just can't wait for the day when I get to come down that escalator and see you all again, but I know that if I want to be happy THEN, I need to be happy NOW. Remembering that has made all of the difference. As hard as missionary work can be sometimes, you just have to remember that this is the ONLY time that you will be able to devote your whole day/life to serving the Lord. What a great opportunity that is. I have learned so much on my mission, but I still have so much more to learn. I am excited for those opportunities. 

So, next week is transfers so our P-day will be on Wednesday. It's gonna be crazy to figure out where I am going to end up. I am freaking out about it, but I know that it will be exactly where I'm supposed to be. What a great promise. 

Is there anyway Laurie could forward me Sarah's emails? I love hearing from her. 

Still no snow. Which is the greatest. But word on the street is that whenever there is a mild winter, that means that tornado season is crazy. YIKES. What's the number one thing I've been afraid of after Laura told me about the second coming (note that she left out the part about the Savior coming for the second time)?? Tornadoes. Gosh, I hope that we don't have any. It would be cool to see one, but from VERY far away :) 

I STILL don't have Isaac and Taniel's address. Please please please send that to me?

I miss you all a ton and I can't wait to hear from you next week. Be good and keep working hard. I promise to do the same thing. I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor



No comments: