Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mom is trying to catch up again

Hello Family! 
I got really sad when we were talking about watching Freddy Kruegers Christmas and I realized that I wouldn't get all of the voicemails saying "Merry Christmas, Martha" after everyone watched it. Too bad. Hahaha. 

Well, this week has been great! I even brought my journal with me so I could actually remember what we did! I write down a tender mercy for every single day, so I will share those with you

 Last Monday we went to Walmart and after walking all around, I realized my wallet was not in my pocket. YIIIIIIKES. This Walmart is super sketchy too. There are always people trying to trade their "50 dollar gift cards" for your 50 bucks. Puh-lease. Anyway, We walked all around the store and went back out to the car to see if it was in there, and NOTHING. Then, we went up to the Customer Service, expecting nothing, and someone turned it in!!!!!! What a MIRACLE! Seriously, when I was talking to members about it, they were like, Heavenly Father loves you, because no one would turn it in here. I am excited to meet that person in Heaven and tell them how thankful I am for them :) 

On Tuesday, we had a lesson with Patrick. His heart is getting worse and worse. He lost 1/3 of his heart muscle and has had multiple heart attacks he has a pace maker and a defibrillator. And it's a miracle every time he wakes up. So we went and talked with him and talked about funeral arrangements and talked about how he is prepared to meet God now that He is baptized. It was really special. Then I read Alma 40:11 with him. This scripture is the very first scripture I read with him when we met out in the parking lot because he was talking about all of his family members who had passed away. So to be able to read it with him again, this time talking about how he would be "taken home" was such a special experience. I was totally bawling. As I was reading it, I kept thinking about how one day I would get to see him in Heaven in a perfect state, and how I was an instrument in the Lord's hands for getting him there. Missionary work is the BEST thing ever! I cannot even express to you the gratitude and the joy that I feel from this sweet experience. 

On Wednesday night, all of the sisters who live in the apartments went over to one of the senior couples and had a Thanksgiving breakfast at 930 p.m. It was so much fun. Then we all went around and shared what we were most grateful for. I said I was most grateful for Heavenly Father's plan for me. I am just amazed at how happy I am being able to serve a mission. And to think I fought this for 4 years!!! I am becoming the person that I have always wanted to become and I have a much stronger relationship with my Savior. I have also been able to develop so many great and lasting relationships here with all of the other missionaries. It is just awesome. 

On Thursday, we had 2 Thanksgiving dinners right in a row. WOOF. The tender mercy was that I didn't die. Even though I wanted to. I have never experienced so much pain in my life. There was just so much food in my stomach. At the 2nd dinner, they gave me a GIANT piece of pecan pie. Never again. It took everything in me to finish it and not throw up. I seriously was praying the whole time. Then we went to the church to share a message with a bunch of members that were having a joint Thanksgiving and just the smell of it made me so sick. I went into the bathroom and tried to throw up. I was ready to swear off Thanksgiving for the rest of my life. But, of course, members gave us all of the leftovers, so that is really all I have been eating the past few days. It's OK when you don't have to eat a ton right after another dinner. Yikes. 

On Friday, Steve- who we just set for baptism- texted us and dropped us. Worst thing ever. He didn't even explain why. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating. I just could not stop thinking about it though, so I started a fast that night and continued on to Saturday. Noticing that this wasn't exactly a tender mercy, I decided to write one that I forgot to write before. Apparently, Elder Holland is one of the Apostles in charge of visitors centers, especially assigning them to VC, especially the Mormon Trail Center, so he probably saw my picture and assigned me here! How awesome is that! I love Him, and I love Heavenly Father, and they both knew exactly where I needed to be. Cool. Also, we got to go to the temple. Which was before Steve dropped us and all I could think about was how in a years time I could be there to see Steve go through the temple. ... 

On Saturday, I didn't write a tender mercy :( I was still so upset about Steve. I could not stop thinking about him and I wanted to see him again to bear my testimony to him and let him feel the spirit. 

On Sunday, Steve texted to us "stay warm and safe." Our WML had just given us a ton of cake and so we asked Steve if we could drop some by. He said yes and so we RUSHED over. We were able to talk to him and he said he read the whole BOM and felt that he couldn't make the sacrifice that God was asking. So we talked to him and testified to him that he could and that God would help him. He told me I should go into sales since I am always "closing" ahahah. But! He said we could meet with him again! My prayers were answered!!! So awesome! I just pray that he will continue to progress and that he can enter into a covenant with His Heavenly Father. 

Yesterday, the tender mercy was that our apartment was clean, and all of us helped clean it. Once people live with me, they realize very soon that I don't like cludder and hoarding on to crap :) Hhahaa, I love it when things are clean. 

If anyone is interested in getting me a journal, I could really use one. I want one like all of my others, which you could see in my room downstairs. It is at Deseret book or walmart or something. It's like a half size one that says Journal on the front. I had a white one, a black one and this one is a reddish color... if that helps you find them... they lay flat when you write, which is why I love them. Anyway.... that would be sweet :) 

I have to give you this Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. It's so good, one of our members made it for me like my first Sunday here, and then she made it again this last week because she knew how much I loved it. I got all of the stuff for it today so I could make it. It's SO EASY.

2 c Chicken Broth
Chicken Cooked- you can used canned
1 can diced green chilies
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can corn-optional
1 can cream of potato soup
Mix in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours 

1 hour prior to serving, add:
4 oz velveeta
8 oz sour cream
serve with limes, cilantro, and tortilla chips

It is so freaking good. I am excited to go home and make it haha. 

So the pictures this week:
Every Friday night, we usually have sisters sleeping over at our apartment since we are close to the TC and we have training early that morning. This is this last Friday night. Sister Atkin and I go crazy when we are together. I love her so much. Anyway, we somehow got into playing superman. It was a lot of fun hahaha. 

The other picture is me with the Naylors. They are going home this week. I am going to miss them SO much! He is the one who does all of the family history stuff for all of us. They live in Heber, so I'm glad that I'll be able to see them when I get home. I also invited them to my wedding reception in a year and 4 months. hahaha. I know that's not really going to happen, but I seriously am excited for when I really do get married and I get to have them all come to my wedding reception because most of them live in Utah :) haha. Not that I think about that a lot... what? 

It is getting colder and colder. No snow except for that one day on the 1st of  November. But I am freezing BIG TIME. 

Well, Family, I love you all SO much! P.S. We won't need a calling card for Christmas. I am pretty sure that we are going to Skype. I can't believe Jared is on his way to the Philippines. He is going to be such a powerhouse missionary. I am excited for him. I love you all so much and I wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 

Love,
Sister Proctor
Hello Family!

Greetings from the coldest place I've ever been to! We had our first real snow fall. It is CRAAAAAZY. They have straight up ice storms here. It's nuts. Here's my tender mercies of the week:

Tuesday Night: We went over to this one guy's house who we are teaching. He is from Togo and He has a Masters in Biblical Studies. I was able to share with him all of these scriptures that made the Restoration make sense. I was pulling them out from who knows where. I know it's because of the Spirit. I have studied those scriptures diligently before, and then when I need them, the Spirit brings them to my remembrance. It's awesome. And awfully convenient, because I don't know what missionaries would do without it. Yes I do: absolutely nothing.

Wednesday: We had the most amazing District meeting ever. I love my district this transfer. We all pray for each others investigators every night and we all just recognize who is in charge of this work. We have seen so many miracles together it's amazing.

Thursday: We were in the TC pretty much all day. Elder Watson found out that I did tech support and so now he uses all of my computer hacking skills. I like it. I feel needed and important. Also, it's just cool how EVERYTHING that I did before my mission was preparing me to serve a mission and be the most useful. Like playing the piano. I play the piano at every meeting we have, and I love it.

Friday: They had the new trainers join in on Zone Council. It was PHENOMENAL. I learned soooooooo much about how to be a better missionary. I realized something AWESOME. We were talking about how important that it is that we love our investigators and we let that be our driving force rather than baptisms or numbers or whatever. And we were just talking about that for a while, and then I realized that God's whole motivation for us, for the Plan of Salvation, for everything is love. 'God so LOVED the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son.' So, God's motivation is love, and we are to be doing His work, His way, then our motivation should be loved. After I realized that I shared it with everyone there and all of our minds were blown. It was awesome.

Saturday: This was when it snowed. We started out at the TC and I was downstairs working the gingerbread festival, and there was a HUGE group from Minnesota on a Holiday Getaway. It was so fun talking to all of them in their accents. It was the cutest. I got 10 referrals from them in like a half an hour because all I had to do was mention that we could send them Freddy Kruegers Christmas (formerly known as Mr. Kruegers Christmas) with Jimmy Stewart and they were SOLD! It was so funny. But the best part was that it snowed so much that the cars got grounded, so we had to stay in the TC. We all had so much fun. Of course, we were still diligent missionaries and we organized our area books like crazy. Sister Hawkes and I spent a lot of time shoveling the sidewalk outside and we had a great chat about how AWESOME missions are... more on that later. It was such a fun day.

Sunday: We reset Steve for baptism on Dec 17. We are so excited for him. He stopped drinking coffee before we even told him about it. Holy cow. This guy is so prepared, sometimes it freaks me out haha. Everyone is just blown away by his story. It's funny.

Ok, so back to being a missionary. I LOOOOOOOOOVE it. I absolutely love it. I can't even express to you the joy that I have for what I am doing. Not just teaching the gospel, not just meeting new people, not just making new friends, not just developing a better relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father, not just becoming a better person. EVERYTHING about being a missionary is awesome!!!!!!! I started thinking about the person that I was before I left, and it makes me sad. Even right before I left, I was so nervous and scared that I don't feel like I was as excited about missionary work as I could have been. It makes me sad that you don't get to see me so excited and so happy about what I am doing. But I guess the letters will have to suffice for now. I really cannot express to you my joy and my satisfaction in serving a mission. It is everything that I have ever wanted to do, but just didnt' know it. It is preparing me sooooooooooo much for my future life. I can't even stand it! It's so awesome! I can't wait for Jared to keep having these experiences. And for Mom and Dad when you serve! AHHHHH! It's amazing. I can't believe that in less than 13 months this will all be over. That makes me really sad sometimes. Which is why I just have to cherish every single day that I have as a missionary. But then, when I do return, to keep being a missionary and to keep living the gospel. Did you know that is why they made  Preach My Gospel? It was to convert the missionary as well. There were so many missionaries that kept going home from their missions, and then becoming less active. So they made Preach My Gospel. It's AMAZING! I love it so much! I love studying from it every single day! You all should study from it. It's not just how to teach the gospel. It's how to LIVE IT! I seriously cannot express to you what I feel about being a missionary. So I will just do this: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I feel that is the best way to express to you how excited I am about it :)

Oh man. I can't believe I get to Skype with you in 20 days!!! We will probably be at the Kmieciks house, so that will be fun, then you can see them :) Speaking of the Kmiecicks, they want tabs like the ones I have in my scriptures, which I got from the BYU bookstore. They are plastic and roundish white tabs. They said they would buy them if you guys could find them and ship them out, that would be cool.

I can't believe Jared is in the Philippines. I started tearing up when I read his email just thinking about him teaching people the gospel in the most humble of circumstances. It's amazing. He is going to come home a different person, and so will I. And it will be for the BEST.

I absolutely love that Dad is getting so into Christmas this year! Who knew all I had to do was back down and He would get into it hahaha. Everyone has different coping methods for when they miss people, Dad is just showing his by getting into Christmas as much as I did :) hahaha. I love it so much. The tree looks awesome! I love it!

I am so happy about everything. I have realized that my happiness level has just sky rocketed. hahah. Every meal someone makes is the best thing I've ever eaten. Every dress someone wears is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Every persons name is the prettiest name I've ever heard. hahaha It's so funny. Everything is just so GOOOOOD! Bah! I just hope that you can feel a little bit of what I am expressing.

The pictures are of the GOOORGEOUS sun set and then the snow! It's awesome.

Well, I am going to send an email to Jared, so I'm off. But have a wonderful week. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! 36? years! That's awesome. I talk about you guys a lot at the end of my tours at the SLC Temple facade and how AWESOME it is that you were married there. I love you all so much and I miss you! Pray for me since I have to drive mission cars in the snow :) I love you and miss you! Talk to you in 20 days!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor
Hello Family!

So, first off, sorry for the lack of letters last week, we were BUSY! We went and got a real live Christmas tree!!!!! We decorated it ourselves and it is just the best. Oh, I just love it. I'm thinking of lighting it up in flames on Christmas Eve, just to make it feel more like home, but we'll see ;)

Thank you SOOOOO much for all of your emails! AAAAND packages. I got 3 yesterday. That's the best thing that could happen to a missionary haha. I'm so excited to open them on Christmas (except Casey's which I will start tomorrow). I absolutely love Christmas, and it's actually pretty fun being here for Christmas. On Christmas Eve all of the sisters are getting together at the TC with the senior couples and having dinner and playing games. The Senior Couples have figured out that I can cook, so they want me to help. I love it! It's going to be fun. And then, next week (my p-day is on Wednesday) I will be able to tell you what time we can skype, I will be at the Kmieciks house probably, so I'm excited that you can meet them!

Tender Mercies for the week:
Monday: P-DAY. We got a Christmas tree. Nothing could be better. Also, I am super grateful for my roommate Sister Hawkes (she took Isaac and Taniel on tour). She is just so awesome and she can't WAIT to meet all of you because of all the stories I tell her. She is awesome and we have become really great friends, and will continue even after the mish. She's great. and so is the Christmas tree.

Tuesday: Wah wah, I was sick again. It's getting really old. We went out to our area for a little bit, but I was just feeling EXHAUSTED, so when we came back for our shift at the TC I just went and slept in the bed. Yikes.

Wednesday: Still sick. I just slept all day long. I knew that this would happen though, especially after last week I was telling you just how much I love being a missionary, then I can't go out because I'm sick. I'm certain that Satan is over viruses/bugs. It's so obnoxious. This isn't really a tender mercy... whoops.

Thursday: Oh my gosh. We were scheduled for chat and I have been having the worst attitude about chat. Because we either chat with members who need counseling, or people who just want to bash, or people who are creepy. Anyway, President Kunz was at the TC and he wanted to sit in on one of the chat sessions! I was freaking out! But, the chats went SOOOO well! It was awesome having President there. He was so excited! The chats went so well! We sent the missionaries to 3 people in 3 hours!!! and set one for baptism! It was really great. Heavenly Father gave me that so that He could show me why He started chat in the first place. It was awesome. Also, the cars were grounded due to the snow, so afterwards we just organized and updated our area book.

Friday: Elder Watson is having me do the schedule for the senior couples because he thinks I'm some sort of whiz on computers. It's nice though, I feel important. I just love the Watsons, and I love the Trail Center.

Saturday: We finished typing up all of our potential investigators. Our area book was the biggest mess, and I couldn't handle it anymore, so I had to get it all organized. It looks so good now, and it's so much easier to plan. Also, that night, all of our roommates got together and watched Mr. Kruegers Christmas before we went to bed. It was so tender and so fun. I love Christmas!!!

Sunday: I took a Mom and her 9 year old son on tour. They had just come up from the gingerbread and I guess they do that once a year. So I took them on tour and it went so well, they will be baptized one day, I know it. But, after they left, they came back because the Mom said that her son said something that she thought I should hear, and he said, "this was the best time I've ever had here." So tender. So cute. I love it.

Monday: The tender mercy is that we have Preach My Gospel. I just love studying and I love studying from PMG. It's so amazing and such a wonderful inspired gift from God. I'm so grateful for it.

So, that's this week. Due to being sick and the cars being grounded, we only had 9 hours in our area this last week, so things were slower, but they are still going great! Steve is going to get baptized on December 23 and confirmed on Christmas. What a great day that will be.

What areas did Doug serve in?

I am so glad you had the chocolate dipping party!!! That is awesome! I can't wait to get some of that :) It sounds like you are all doing really well and having fun.

The pictures are of our Christmas tree festivities and decorating that we did last week. I hope you like our fire place, with the stockings hung with care- or how ever that poem goes. Then a picture of me and Elder Watson. Love him.

I can't believe that Casey is going to have a baby so soon! That is CRAZY! I knew she was pregnant, and has been for a while, but I guess I thought it would take a lot longer. That's nuts!!!! Corbin is a cute name, I'm excited to see pictures of him. When is Laralee due?

Jared sounds like he is doing so well. I just love reading his letters. Just like it was before our missions, every time I hear something about the Philippines I am more and more happy to be serving in Nebraska :) It's so funny, because I wanted to go somewhere foreign so bad, and learn a language, but Heavenly Father knew better, and I am so happy here. I love Nebraska and I love the people. I love the pioneers and I love the gospel that they gave EVERYTHING for. It's so great. Oh, that reminds me, I am sending an SD card with a short 10 minute video of me going through the gallery showing you stuff, so I'll get that off today hopefully. Also, just know that at the beginning when I just say I want a self tour and I sound like a brat, it's because it's an inside joke, because a ton of people come in and say that they just want a self-tour... so the sisters in the video knew that... anyway... it should be fun.

Well, family, I love you SOOOOO much! I'm excited to skype with you in a couple of days!! That will be crazy! What is happening with Jared? It's too bad I can't see him... I'm going to send him an email real quick, So I've gotta go. Just know that I love you and miss you! Merry Christmas!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor
Hello Family!

Happy New Year!!! I hope everyone had a great New Years. On New Years Eve, I was pretty sick again, and so I slept most of the day. Then that night we weekly planned and then we had a coconut and opened it. I don't know why we had a coconut. Sister Hawkes bought it and wanted it for that night. It was really gross. But we busted that open, and then we counted down until 10:00 and had some Martinellis. Then we went to bed at 1030. You can see from the pictures that I look a little bit out of it, and that is because I was on Theraflu and sooooo tired. It was a pretty uneventful New Years, but still fun. Everyone here is getting sick like crazy. They say it's because of the flood and the mold that is now in the air. It's really obnoxious. One of the sisters here has dang whooping cough. It's crazy.

This week in tender mercies:

Tuesday: P-DAY!!! And we went to the mall. It was the best. I got a new watch for 10 bucks, which is great because mine has been falling apart for many moons now. Plus, it's just fun going back to the mother ship :)

Wednesday: I'm starting to realize more and more how perfectly Heavenly Father directs our paths. We were driving out to our area and I remembered that I wanted to stop by the office to get a MOTAB sampler for Natte. When we got there, Sister Lund asked if someone had called me and told me to come because they needed my help since they are moving the office. They wanted me to go through all of their old computer stuff and chuck everything that they didn't need. They have been in that office since 93, which meant I had to throw away all of their floppy disk word perfect back ups. It was crazy haha. Anyway, just cool that Heavenly Father directs us to exactly where we need to be.

Thursday: Every now and then, Sister Graham has a hard time feeling like she is as close to the Spirit as she should be, and it frustrates her, so on our way home I asked if we could stop by the Watsons so he could have a talk with her. So we did. When we were there, Elder Watson said SO many nice things about me. He sndered on the love that the Savior has for me. And when I am not where I am supposed to be, he weeps and worries about me. But when I come to Him, He is there with loving arms to embrace me and let me feel of His love. What a great experience.

Friday: Sister Graham was sick this day. This isn't the tender mercy, but it was a tender mercy that I was able to take care of her. I have been praying for ways to better show her my love. Because I don't like just saying it, I want to show it. So, with her being sick I was able to serve her more and take care of her. It was great.

Saturday: I thought back on this whole year, and how at the beginning of 2011, I had no idea what happiness was in store for me in the latter half of the year. I am so grateful that I chose to come on a mission. I am so grateful for everyone who made it possible for me to have this experience. I am so grateful for my Savior and for the relationship I am developing with him. 2011 has been a phenomenal year, and 2012 is going to be even better! Especially if at the end of it (before Christmas) I get to see all of you!!!! Keep praying for that ;)

Sunday: Another experience of Heavenly Father directing our paths. We were trying some people at about 530 yesterday, and I decided we should just call the Kmieciks and see if we could visit them. We called them and they said we could come right over. We didn't really have a lesson planned, so I decided to ask them what they learned at church. They decided to go to the gospel doctrine class since they are studying the Book of Mormon. I asked them if we could read a chapter of the Book of Mormon with them that night. I asked Brother Kmiecik where he was in his reading and he said Alma 26. I was so excited, and if you don't know why I would be excited, feel free to look at my missionary plaque. So we read that together, they asked questions, I shared with them why Ammon was my favorite person in the Book of Mormon, then we applied it to them and how they are being missionaries to those around them. It was really great. Then Brother Kmiecik asked why we decided to come over. We told them we just thought it was a good idea. He said that that morning, they had been talking about how they needed to get better at reading and that they needed to start as soon as possible. So Brother Kmiecik was just amazed at how the Lord answered that for him immediately. It was SO cool. I just love how everything works out EXACTLY the way it should. And now every week we are going to to go the Kmieciks and read with them. It will be so fun. I'm excited.

I don't know if you got the letter, but the mission office is now moving to this address:
11027 Martha St, OMAHA, NEBRASKA, 68144

I know, I know, Martha Street?! How awesome is that?! I was meant to be in this mission at this time. It's so sweet. haha. Now, EVERY single letter that comes to missionaries will have my name on it. AWESOME. haha

Transfers are in a month, and more than likely I will be transferred out of Millard. I am FREAKING out. I love Millard so much and I don't want to leave the people here. I am going to make the best of these next 4 weeks and try and understand that if I do get transferred that it will be exactly where the Lord needs me, and that will make me love it just as much.

I got Jake's mormon.org profile! Woohoo!!! Good job Jacob! Now if the rest of you could send yours along the way too that would be great! And while your at it, you could even write me a letter!!! Hahaha, it's another Monday P-day, so I didn't really get a lot of emails... :( It's OK though, I suppose you are all busy and have lives what with the holidays and all... weird.

So, tomorrow I am going to the Doctor to have my hernia looked at. This past week it hasn't been bothering me at all. That's the frustrating thing, because sometimes it's fine and other times it bugs me. So I don't want to have to have you pay for me to fly out and back to fix something that doesn't really matter. It's like the boy who cried wolf (Did you know Jake was that boy?!). Anyway, I'm gonna go get it checked out again tomorrow, and missionary medical will cover that check-up, so that's good. Hopefully we can get it figured out and I won't have to worry about it. Elder Watson refuses to send me home because he thinks that I will get transferred to another mission and he doesn't want to share me hahah. But we'll get it all worked out hopefully. Right now, I don't see any need for surgery, but 2 weeks ago, I would definitely say otherwise. Baaah. So annoying. But, it's alright, whatever is supposed to happen will happen.

Well, I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and for your support. You all mean the world to me and I couldn't ask for a better family. Thank you for the things you have all taught me and for your examples of gospel-centered lives. I love you all!!!!

Love,
Sister Proctor
YAYYYY FOR EMAILS!!!

I love Tuesday P-days hahaha. It was so good to hear from all of you! That's so exciting that Corbin is here!! And if I don't come back before Christmas, I will be coming home on his 1st birthday! Crazy/Awesome!!!

This week in Tender Mercies:

Tuesday: We went to the Doctor for my hernia, and pretty much everything is fine, and they said to let the pain be my guide. But then I found out that day that there is a way to get it fixed here, with mission medical covering it! It's awesome! So we will plan on getting it fixed in March or April, because they don't want me to slip and fall on the ice (if it ever actually snows here) while I am recovering. So that IS AWESOME.

Wednesday: We had a lesson with Steve and we asked him to teach it. He provided handouts and everything. It was about enduring to the end. It was incredible. I just love seeing people progress in the gospel!

Thursday: I got to be companions with Sister Belka (MTC comp)!!!! Both of our companions were sick so we got to go out together. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! We teach so well together and we went through a lot together in the MTC so it was so good to be back again. I hope we can be companions for real soon. 

Friday: I was companions with Sis Belka again! But the biggest tender mercy was when Heavenly Father saved our lives!!! hahaha. We were driving down the freeway, when all of the sudden a ladder falls out of the truck in front of us in the next lane over. Then the ladder came skidding across the freeway right into our lane. We checked behind us, and no one was there, so we slowed down as fast as we could. But we still totally ran it over. So it cracked part of the front fender, so we had to fill out an accident report. My favorite part was having to draw out the diagram. Hahahah. So funny. We were laughing sooooo hard. But, luckily we were safe and everything is OK. Also, I was not driving-just FYI

Saturday: I figured out how to print a mini Preach My Gospel. It's incredible and SOOO small. I'm so happy about that. hahah. Now I can have it everywhere I go!

Sunday: Steve was ordained a Priest by his son! So awesome! Also, it was the last page of my journal, and at the beginning of the journal which started on September 24, 2010, I said "Ah, a new journal. How exciting. I wonder what will happen to me as I write this journal." Who knew it would be the best things of my life that would go down in that journal. So many tender mercies. 

Monday: So, sometimes my comp makes weird faces when she teaches. This is an awkward thing to tell someone. But, I figured out a way to do it! We started recording ourselves in companion study when we role play and then we watch it and see how we can improve. She picked up on it, and now is working to fix it. So great!!! 

So, the pictures are:
1. This DELICIOUS recipe from Sister Watson from this drink we had at Christmas. You should totally make it.
2. That is how sticky our floor was. It was disgusting and I almost fell over.
3. Sister Belka and I with our accident report
4. The diagram of our accident. hahahah
5. Me and Sister Graham just barely.

Well, things are going splendidly here. There is still no snow. It's like 50 degrees everyday. Last week it was like 60, I didn't even have to wear a jacket. It was awesome. I'm not convinced of midwest winters. So far, it seems that they don't exist... Hahaha. I'm just hoping this doesn't come back to bite us later this year. We'll see. 

It sounds like everything is going well at home. That makes me happy. I love that Dad is obsessed with cleaning carpets. 

Did you know that I love being a missionary? It really is awesome. I am so grateful that I don't have to worry about flying home/flying back for a surgery and that it will just get fixed here. Also, I'll be able to exercise for real after that! That will be nice. My arms are getting pretty buff though since that's all I can work out hahah. I can't believe that in less than a year I will be home. I also can't believe that Sarah is almost to her year mark! That is so exciting!!! 

So how is everyone in the Goodwin/Proctor Family? I hope everyone is doing what they know they are supposed to be doing so they can be happy! 

So, we are having this huge exhibit coming to the trail center called Love thy neighbor. It's about all of the church's humanitarian work. It's really great. It came yesterday in 10 HUGE crates. And we started setting it up, and we soon realized that the exhibit has these panels that are 9 feet tall and our basement  ceiling is 8 feet 6 inches tall. Yikes. I still don't know what they are planning on doing about it. There have been a TON of advertisements for it... Hopefully that all gets worked out. It was pretty stressful for everyone yesterday. 

Well, I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of the examples that you give to me. Please continue to pray for all of the missionaries. And pray for ways that you can have missionary experiences. If you know who the missionaries are, go out with them!!! Not on a date... I mean, to teach with them. Hahah. It sounds like Jared is doing well, I just wished he sent a picture of that hair cut hahah. I miss Laura cutting my hair too. Well, I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week! Love you! Write me lots!!!

Love,
Marf
Hi family!!!

YAAYYYYYYYY!!!!! I'm so excited that Isaac and Taniel are having a girl! I can't even stand it! That is so exciting! It's gonna be so fun to come home to all of these new nieces and nephews! So great!

The pictures are from the gorgeous sky we had yesterday ( you can see there is STILL no snow) and then me 5 seconds ago. Pretty great. 

Tender Mercies:

Tuesday- I made a skirt! I got some really cute fabric for like 7 bucks and then one of the senior missionaries let me use her sewing machine. It was so fun. I miss sewing and I love the skirt that I made. It reminded me of home. The only problem is that now all of the sisters want me to make them a skirt too. haha

Wednesday- we went over to the Kmieciks to read the BOM with them. We did the same thing the Sunday before and I drew out the Tree of Life vision for them on a piece of paper to help them understand it. And when we went back on Wednesday, they had it in a frame, they titled it "Tree of Life" and put my name on the bottom. It was the sweetest thing. I was about ready to cry it made me so happy. 

Thursday- Sister Graham and I have been having a lot of fun together. It's great. It's fun to laugh a lot. Yesterday, she texted one of our appointments asking if we could "move it up an hour before 6" but the auto correct on our phone made it so she asked if we could "love it up an hour before 6" hahahah I was dying. 

Friday- I gave Steve Scott and his coworker a tour. It was fun. It wasn't the greatest tour since it was hard with both of them leaving through out it to call people, but NBD. Also, there is a senior missionary here who is a chiropractor and I had him do some work on me since my back was hurting, and it worked! Maybe not all chiropractors are quacks. :) 

Saturday- We had some training on using family history in our finding. I also learned how to use new.familysearch.org. It's the funnest thing ever!!!!! I can't wait to go home and do family history!!!! also, if you go to createfan.com and log in with your lds.org account, you can print off a pretty snazzy fan chart. I did it and I've been showing EVERYONE. They think it's amazing.

Sunday- We had an appointment with a new investigator. She has a little boy who is 5. And while we were talking to her, he came up and interrupted us letting us know that he loves his family a lot. And then he said, "and you two are part of my family." It was so cute! When I was in the MTC, we had one of the General Primary counselors come and talk to us. She told us to look in the eyes of the children, because we are representatives of Jesus Christ and they need to feel His love through our eyes. I remember that every time I see a child. It was the sweetest thing. 

Well, things are going swimmingly. We have someone set for baptism on the 28th, and get this!!! She's a female and she's married! Woohoo! Not all of the people I baptize will be single men hahaha. So funny. She's so great and she LOOOOOOOVES Glen Beck. She was even on his show once. Maybe she would get along with Isaac ;) 

Well, probably 2 1/2 more weeks left in Millard. Not that I'm predicting transfers or anything... hahah. It will be hard, but at the same time I think a new place with people that I haven't seen would be a nice fresh start. 

Michelle, thanks for sending me the blog posts, that is a GREAT idea!!! I wish I could still read all of your blogs!! 

Today at zone activity we are going to make those bleach shirts. It was my idea haha. Hopefully they turn out. Also, we are holding some Elders heading to Curitiba Brazil!!! Too bad Reeve couldn't have been here for a little while. I told all of them to look for Elder Sudweeks. And that he'd probably be one of their trainers. Pretty awesome. 

So, our President has challenged us to start reading the Book of Mormon and to be done by the end of June, but focusing on the Atonement. I think it will be really cool. I am going to use a separate Book of Mormon for it. I'm excited to do that. 

I can't believe that Heber is getting baptized so soon! That's awesome!!! Good job HEB!

Well, I'm sorry this is so short, but I have to get some stuff ready for Zone Activity. I love you all and I am SOOOOOOOOOOO grateful for all of you. Oh, I just remembered I had this dream that all the missionaries went on  a field trip to Kohlers, but we had to make sure our parents didn't come while we were there. But Mom came anyway hahaha. So, it was fun talking to you in my dream Momma! I love you all! Write me lots!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: