Thursday, November 17, 2011

Out the window Buzz! Your a Genius

Hello Family! 

It has been a great week! Last Thursday we went to transfer point. I was totally bawling/freaking out the whole way there because I got called to be a trainer and I was just thinking it was a total joke! A trainer is someone who TRAINS brand new missionaries. You'll remember that I was a brand new missionary just 3 months ago, so I did not feel adequate AT ALL. But, just like our Bishop said: The Lord knows I can do it, the mission president knows I can do it, so the only problem is me thinking I can't do it. So, I have learned just how much I need to rely on the Lord to do anything. Every morning I wake up stressed out of my mind and so nervous about the day, but if we do what we are supposed to, I have seen how the Lord will help us. It's amazing. Sister Graham is so great though, so that also makes the job a little bit easier. She is from Orem, Utah and does not know the Grahams. I really like driving, especially since the mission office just gave us a brand new car. It's flippin' sweet. It's the only time in my life that I will probably get a car with less than 25 miles on the odometer haha. It's cool though. Also, really scary since it's not my car :) 

We have worked in the Trail Center a lot this week, so that has been great. They are putting up all the Christmas decorations and stuff. It's the best. I love that Laura has her tree up. Also, I would love to get some pictures of the Christmas lights at the house! I bet they look awesome! I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week!!! What are your plans for Thanksgiving? We are going to a recent converts house, the ones that I LOVE so much. I'm excited. But I am really sad that I don't get to be home playing with all the kids. Holidays are a rough time to be away from home, especially knowing that the annual dipping party is coming up and Fakesgiving!! OMG. Oh well. I'm excited to Skype with all of you in like a month and a half though! That will be a ton of fun! 
Well, we are in finding mode big time. We need to increase our teaching pool so we can get people baptized! It's a lot of fun talking to people all the time, but I wouldn't hate having a lesson every now and then :) One of the goals for the Millard ward is to have everyone pray for the ward to find a family that we can teach, baptize and then one day be sealed in the temple. It's pretty cool and I am excited to see what comes of it. I just remembered that upon being called to be a trainer, Elder Watson offered to give me a blessing. It was so great and in that blessing I was promised a lot of really great things about my mission. So great. I love the Priesthood! Also, I love all of the senior missionaries here, they are fabulous. Especially Elder Watson. He is like our grandpa/Dad here. It's awesome. He's always there for us and taking care of us. The Watsons go home the same time I do. I'm so glad because A. I can go visit them when I get home without driving to Nebraska. B. They are taking a moving truck back to Utah, so I might be able to slide some of my stuff in there :). Which is super handy. 

That's awesome that Steve Scott is coming out here. I would love to take him on tour. Too bad Jenny and Drew can't come out here too :) And Jodi :)
I am so jealous that you are going to see White Christmas!!! Ahhh!!! That will be so much fun! 
Well, we are having our mission tour this week and so tomorrow we are going to go and get trained from Elder Christofer Goulden or something like that. Those who had it yesterday said it was amazing, so I am pretty excited. I have to play the piano for it and then Me, Sister Hawkes, Sister Brown and Sister Wilson are all singing "Lord I Would Follow Thee." I arranged some different parts and music to make it sound more than just a hymn and it sounds pretty sweet. Last zone conference I arranged accompaniment for Where Can I Turn for Peace so I could play for Sister Hawkes. It was pretty fun. I like doing stuff like that it turns out. 
You know how every missionary comes back and says that the number one thing that they learned from their mission is the power of the Atonement? Well, I always heard this and I figured it was because they saw it changing other peoples lives or because they had to go through really difficult times and as they were struggling they were able to go to Christ. And I know that all of these things happen, and I have seen them happen. But one new thing that I have seen is the Atonement helping me to train Sister Graham as well as teach investigators and interact with members. I was so so so so so nervous about being in charge and having to lead a lesson. But the first lesson we went into, I could feel a difference. And I know it's because of the Atonement. It makes up the rest for EVERYTHING that we do. And even though I was/am nervous about being called to train, the Lord has provided a way for me to do that, just as long as I rely on Him. It's cool that the Atonement will help us in every aspect of our life. I love that. 

Mom, have you gotten your quilt back yet? I sent it back on Wednesday, but I did the cheapest rate so it might take a while... I hope it gets there soon. 
Oh my gosh, I forgot!!! There is a gingerbread house festival that is going on downstairs and it starts this Saturday and goes through the first of the year. They set up all the decorations down there and there will be music entertainment the whole time and then there are gingerbread houses everywhere and activities for all of the children! And it smells like gingerbread all. day.  long. It's the best thing I could ever ask for :) Maybe next year, you all should come and pick me up so you can come to it. Maybe then they would let me go home with you before Christmas!!! Genius. Hahaha. That would be really fun. I know all the kids would LOVE IT. 
Sarah sounds like she is doing great still, that's really good. She sent me an awesome letter last week. It's like she knew I was called to be a trainer and that I was freaking out about it. So awesome. That's too bad about Steven! I'm glad that things are working out though. Also, Jared sounds like He is doing well. I can't believe he'll be in the Philippines so soon. I'm glad he gets to be a zone leader. When I was the coordinating sister it was fun to go and work with them and to take the new missionaries around. But, we got to see the stark difference that just a week would make in a missionary rather than like a month. So I bet that's really cool. And they only let the really good missionaries be zone leaders, so I'm glad Jared is doing his best and working hard so he can be a top missionary from the beginning. I am so proud of him. 
As far as Christmas presents go, I would love clothes. But, maybe buy some clothes and then send some gift cards or something. I really like the skirts that I have seen at dress barn. I know Laura is probably cringing... but it turns out they are kind of cute. Or maybe my sense of fashion is just SO warped. All the dresses that Mom made me are kind of too big now and they are super long. They don't have to be as long. But I can still use them for the Winter so they will be long and I can put some sweat pants underneath them. I don't really know what else I would want for Christmas... We don't have a whole lot of time to do anything... but clothes would definitely be fun, and then whatever else you feel is necessary :) Mom, you can send the electric blanket from home if you would like, whatever is fine, just as long as it's electric :) Also, I already said this, but no one said anything back to me, that I would like to still be in on the name drawing for Christmas presents... please? If you could let me know who I have as soon as possible that would be great, because I only have so many more days that I can actually buy it, and then I'll have to ship it. 
It sounds like things are going really well at home, with the exception of the truck not starting. Maybe you should get new cars, it turns out they are really nice. You can buy old mission cars, because they pull them out every 50000 miles, so it's not half bad idea. Plus we have to vacuum them and wash them every week. So, that's pretty sweet. Is Mom ready to part with the van yet now that only Laura lives at home? Who knows. hahah. 
Well, Family! I love you all so much! I miss you and I'm so glad that things are going well for all of you. You are in my prayers every single day and I miss you so much! I'll talk to you in a month and a half and I'll see you in 13 1/2 months! I can't believe I'm almost to my 12 months left mark. Crazy. It's been fast, but slow at the same time. I love being a missionary. OH MY GOSH, I just remembered a really great TC experience. It was a Jewish mom with her Christian husband and two kids. They lived in Idaho and so they knew a lot about Mormons and admired them. They had a lot of questions for me as far as my faith goes. I got to talk to her about how our family came so close together when Mom had cancer and it just built us up. And then she pointed out that most LDS people turn to God in times of trial, whereas the world usually questions God, and she wanted to know why that was. I was able to bear a powerful testimony on the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how He didn't just suffer for our sins but for our pains, sorrows and afflictions. So, when we have that knowledge, we can go to Him and find comfort and it makes it a lot easier. She was speechless. It was just such a great opportunity to bear my testimony of the Savior to a Jewish person, who doesn't even believe in Christ. I hope it made a lasting effect on her. It was a great experience for me. 
Well, I love you and miss you!!!
Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: