Monday, September 27, 2010

smart. S-M-R-T. smart.

So remember my previous post? About getting a really good score on my Anatomy test? Yeah, well today I had lab for Anatomy. And let's just say I had a small slice of humble pie.

I love my lab. It's really fun. Yes, I do see cadavers. No, I don't faint. It's actually really cool. Well, at the beginning of every lab we have a quiz on what we learned the week before. 10 questions. The 10th question is always some sort of practice one or bonus. What they do is they have pins that have numbers on them and they stick them in a certain thing, and we have to name what the pin is in. Oh- and they keep said pins on a piece of foam when they are not in use (which, unfortunately, I didn't learn about until after the quiz). Well, today I was taking my quiz and I got to question 10. I see a pin with a 10 on it in a piece of foam. The foam had a bunch of holes all over it. In my head I'm thinking, "OK I know 10 is usually a bonus question, but are they really going to be so ridiculous as to put out a piece of foam?" Then, trying to dig deeper, I thought it semi-resembled the anterior sacral foramina. Then, deciding that they were just giving us a total freebie I put "Old Foam" down for number 10. I turn in my quiz and sit and wait for everyone else to finish.

Then, as I'm waiting, I see a number 10 on one of the cadavers. GREAT. That was the real question #10 which was the Serratus Anterior (I totally knew it, I would have gotten the bonus point). Feeling like an idiot, I tell my TA that I saw the 10 pin in the piece of foam and not the real one, hoping to get my quiz back to change the answer. But, since I already turned it in I couldn't take it back. I told them, and my whole class about the situation and how I seriously just wrote "Old Foam" for my answer. We were all laughing. And as embarrassing as it was, I was laughing too and can't stop laughing about it. Such a proud moment.

3 comments:

MelBroek said...

haha that is hilarious! I always get a nice slice of humble pie on Sundays because it seems like every time I volunteer to read a scripture, I read the WRONG ONE! What is wrong with me??

Then there's always the awkward "mmm... thanks for reading that... does someone want to read the RIGHT passage?" haha

Isaac and Taniel said...

bahaha. seriously? That is classic.

Kylar said...

Yup, you're going to go far in life...