Monday, November 5, 2012

We're the Missionaries, We can Help!!


 Hello Family,

First off, Sister Jasper says Hi. And she would like to thank you for giving her the greatest gift-- me.  Hahahah she is hilarious. I hope you all had a fun Halloween! I loved the pictures! We had a fun Halloween here too. It started off with Sister Arnold making Halloween shaped pancakes.

There is a picture of them- you can't even tell what they are, but it was really fun. Also, the day before we found PUMPKIN PIE PRINGLES!

They are actually pretty good. Then w worked all day in the Trail Center until we closed at 5. No one came in and we got pretty restless from eating a lot of candy, so we dressed up like pioneers and learned how to lasso from one of the sisters here who used to work on her ranch. Then I showed them how to hog-tie because I have seen Dad do it to Jared so many times hahaha. It was great.
 
Then we had a big dinner with all the senior couples, then we made a Christmas craft to send to you. It's pretty good, you'll love it. Then we watched the Errand of Angels- remember that movie? I never wanted to watch it before my mission because it was about Sister Missionaries, but once I came on a mission I totally wanted to see it hahaha. Anyway, it was pretty funny/ very dramatic but fun. Then the rest of the week, we drove out to Wahoo, NE to pick up some sisters out there to take them to the doctor, worked in the clinic, had Zone Leader Council.

Then we went to dinner at a members house and they have a German exchange student there and so we taught her about the Book of Mormon and even had her read a German BOM. It was awesome! We even tried reading it... hahah it was funny. Anyway, the members she was with sent her on the plane with her own copy. Pretty cool. Then we went and taught some Less-Actives. They are really working hard to go back to the temple. It was a really powerful lesson, and then on Sunday the wife got up and bore her testimony about the Priesthood, that was pretty awesome.

The rest of the week was spent working in the Trail Center, with the exception of the night that our one investigator dropped us. That wasn't very fun, but the good thing about people dropping you is that God has prepared even more people for you to find.

On Saturday at training Sis Arnold and I performed a song we had figured out the night before. I sang "Heavenly Father loves me" while she accompanied on the ukulele. It was fun and really cute. We got a video of it that I will have to show you.

This morning we went and raked leaves for our Bishop. It is freezing outside. I'm surprised it hasn't snowed yet, it is really gray and cloudy and just looks like it's ready to dump on us. I can't believe it's November.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAAC!!! Woohoo!!!

Well, I'm glad that Fakesgiving was a success. I was telling Sister Arnold this morning about that awesome Turkey recipe of Michelle's. haha. When I asked her in comp study what she learned in personal study, she said she learned a lot about turkey recipes hahah ooops.

Do you like that picture I sent you? We found a sign that said "We can help" and we couldn't resist it. (you can't resist this, you can try to, but it ain't gonna happen!) -- that was for Laura.  Anyway, we were laughing.

Well, things are going swimmingly. We are about to start the Gingerbread Festival and then we'll have Thanksgiving which I'm super excited for. I am still being incredibly spoiled by all of the Senior Couples here. They love us all so much and I am grateful for them.

I am spoiled by all of you. Thank you for your love and your support. I know I say that every week, but that is because I FEEL it every day, so thank you!

I'm excited to hear from all of you next week!
Love,
Sister Proctor

P.S. I LOVE that Christmas music is playing on the radio! That's the best!

 

No comments: