Saturday, November 17, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Hi Family!!!

Christmas is in full swing!!! The smell of Gingerbread is coming up through the stairs and the Trail Center is all decked out for Christmas, as you can see from the pictures. So fun!!

I'm excited for Jared to be a Zone Leader! He's getting called to be one just as I'm getting released! More than likely next transfer I will no longer be a TC Leader and Sis. Arnold and I won't be companions. Which is super sad, but I know it will be great nonetheless.

I hope you got the package with the quilt today. Don't worry about giving that CD to Claudia, she already gave us everything that we need! Pretty cool!

Last Tuesday on Election day, no one came in. So we watched the election results on one of the Senior Sisters iPads. It was stressful. Then at like 1020 that night, both her and Elder Watson called me to let me know the final result. Crazy crazy. We spent that day and the next day in the Trail Center. Then on Thursday we had Zone Conference. It was SO good! We read over Elder Bednar's talk from this last Conference called "Converted unto the Lord." It was seriously SOOO good! The difference between a testimony and conversion is so crucial. We all left wanting to become even more converted to the gospel. On Friday we got to go to the temple (this was one spiritually packed week!), it was so great. The temple just got done being remodeled and it was so good be be there again. The next time I go there will be when Steve from Millard goes through the temple and then on January 3. WEIRD. I'm excited to go there with Steve. What a wonderful blessing. On Sunday, guess who came to the Trail Center-- the KMIECIKS!!!! They were that awesome convert couple in Millard who I spent so much time with, even Thanksgiving Day. Anyway, they were driving the Millard Sisters to the Trail Center from Church and they wanted to come in to see if I was there and I was! It was so good to see them again! They were baptized just a week before I got into Millard and so they felt like my recent converts. This last August they went to Utah and went through the temple and were sealed!!! It was so great! They said they loved it! Then we watched God's Plan for Happiness with them, which was so great. They are so on fire with the gospel still. They said that this month they have already gone to the temple 3 times. Oh how I love them!

Well, this week will be crazy. This Saturday we start our first Christmas performance at the Gingerbread Festival, then on Monday we have one at one of the Malls. Nuts! Oh my gosh, I almost forgot!!! Last Monday, the Seniors had their monthly Senior Dinner. They always have a musical number and a bunch of the Senior Elders got together to do a Barbershop Quartet, but alas in their older age none of them could hit any of the high notes, so they needed a tenor. And who was the lucky one who got recruited?! ME. hahahaha So funny. It was total social suicide. I have a video of it and I will show it to you when I get home. They said it was a Barbershop Trio with a Beautician. hahaha It was so funny.

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is next week! I can't believe that Laura is going to ITALY!!! I couldn't be more jealous.

I can't believe you got so much snow! We haven't gotten ANYTHING!!!! But, it is freezing now. Yikes.

Oh yeah, so I know Michelle expressed interest, but I am wondering if anyone else would like me to get Christmas presents for their kids? I was thinking it would be fun to tell them on Skype that Santa left some presents for them in Nebraska... anyway, think about it and let me know.

Well, I love you all. Read the talk from Elder Bednar. Know that I love you and that I love this mission!

Love,
Sister Proctor

No comments: