Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hi Family!

Thanks for all of your letters! I didn't get as many emails this week, maybe you forgot my P-day would be switched to Friday since I am in the Visitor Center training now. Anywho...
I did not win the most dear elders on a Saturday contest. For some reason Dear Elder hates me, and I don't always get them the day they are sent. I got all of the ones you sent on Saturday on Monday night, after the Elders had left, so I couldn't even brag about it hahah.

Laura, how much does my comp owe you for the stuff. Also, a CHI?!!!! Holy crap! That's awesome! I'm a little bit jealous. Thanks for th muddy buddies, they were exactly what we needed haha
Happy Birthday Jared!!!! And Casey tomorrow!!!

It sounds like Katie's birthday was a lot of fun! I wish I could see a video of all the kids dancing, especially Katie trying to dance in her chair. Hahahaha

I loved the pics from the Highland Fling!!! I'm glad you all got lots of candy. Thank you Michelle for even making sure I got some of that candy in that package haha Michelle, can you make sure that I have at least 150 in my checking account? I want to make sure I have enough money for the airport. Thanks!

Let me know in a dear elder what number to call on Tuesday morning. If it was possible for me to talk to the grandkids, that would be really cool! It would be easiest if you were all in one spot... Again, It iwll be Tuesday morniing between 8 and 930 ish. Sorry that's so broad.

So this last week has been great. Since the Elders left Monday morning, and VC training didn't start until Wednesday, we had our teachers to ourselves. It was AWESOME. Anything we wanted to talk about or learn about or go over they would do it. It was seriously so so so nice. Then on Wednesday we started the training. There are 22 sisters in our class so it's kind of crazy. A bunch of them are going to Temple Square, some to D.C., some to the Mormon Battallion ( they already got their pioneer dresses, I'm so glad that's not my mission), and then of course Winter Quarters. It is so much fun. The first day we just learned how to approach people or welcome them. Then we learned how to most effectively use the referral cards so it isn't so annoying when we ask them to fill it out hahah.

Yesterday we learned more about the Christus statue and how to introduce it. Then we played the recording and asked each other (role playing) what they thought of it. It was a lot of fun. Except I don't think that there is a Christus statue at WQ. Oh well. We got all of the information for what we have to know EXTREMELY well in order to give tours. It's pretty cool stuff and I'm excited to learn more about it.

Then we went around the main building and had to teach people using paintings. It's a lot of fun. It's a lot less pressure, and I feel like all I have to do is testify, so who wouldn't like doing that?! And last night we set up a visitors center and had volunteers come in acting like visitors and we gave them a tour. It was a lot of fun!

I cannot wait for Saturday! I am so excited to go to Temple Square. But the best part is, is that now I get to be a missionary on Temple Square! It's going to be SO SO SO cool! I'm actually really jealous of all the sisters who are going to Temple Square. I secretly wish that I could go there on my mission too, but I'm sure I'll love WQ just as much when I actually see it. Anyway, that will be very exciting.
I am getting along really well with all of the sisters in VC training. We all have so much fun together. Yesterday we all played soccer together. My team did really really bad. But, the one goal that we almost made, was from me, so that's pretty great. I think that tells you how bad we were that I was the one who was closest to making a goal ahhaha.

It is so crazy because we have sisters from Mongolia, Cambodia, Philippines, Mexico, South Africa, Chile, Hong Kong, New Zealand and then some from the states. It's so cool to hear their stories. Although sometimes it makes me feel like a selfish brat, because they all came on missions because their families are inactive and they wanted to show them a good example. And I just came because I finally decided to get over myself. haha oh well. Their stories are AMAZING. I love hearing how they got the gospel and what it did for them. It just testifies to me that it is true. I always knew that the gospel touched lives because I saw it around me all the time. But it was always with people in my similiar situations. It's cool to realize that some sweet girl in Mongolia can have her life completely changed because of the gospel. And just knowing that with how different her situation is from mine, the gospel still touches her the exact way it needs to. Goodness gracious, it's so cool! That just testifies even more of how true it is! When we were practicing with each other on how to fill out the referral cards, I was with the sister from the Philippines. She is the cutest, sweetest girl. I love getting to know all of them and the experiences we are having here.

Another fun thing about the VC training is that we have our own special classroom with a keypad to get in and everything. Inside are all of the pamphlets and resources we can use, then a bunch of kiosks where we can watch the videos that they will have at VC and a Christus statue cut-out. I was carrying it across campus yesterday and Reeve saw me. He was like, what the heck are you doing? hahaha Kind of a funny thing to see. Someone just walking around with a bigger than life cut out of Jesus. Too funny. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun.

I can't believe that I will be in Nebraska on Tuesday. Or that it's already been a month. It's crazy how fast, and yet slow at the same time it all goes. I have loved my MTC experience and I'm glad that I am going to WQ. It will be such an amazing experience.

Anyway, how are things going back at home? Did you get the back yard fire pit in yet? I hear you are going to Island Park next weekend! That's awesome! Someone be sure to push Isaac along in the river and then make sure his whole back side gets wet. For me :) Thanks! Hahahah oh man that's funny! Well I hope you all have a fun time!

AAHH I just remembered something. Will you all send me this back? Don't Dear Elder me on Monday, I'm pretty sure I wont' get them. But before then, or just email, or send them to Nebraska.

Anyway here it is:
How has _______________ helped you come unto Christ?
Modern Prophets
Temples
Book of Mormon
Priesthood
Ordinances
Tithing/Fast Offerings
Church Attendance.

Tell me how each thing has helped you come unto Christ. We had to do it for VC training and it was a really cool experience. So, I think it will be cool for you too. Also, it will help me know more blessings I can promise to people as I invite them to do things, which would be REALLY helpful. Anyways, I love you very much! I might be able to email again on Monday while I am packing, but I am not sure. I will talk to you all on Tuesday though! Remember that I love you and that I love my Savior. I know we would not be the amazing, close and blessed family that we are today if it wasn't for His atonement, sacrifice and love for us. I miss you all a lot and I hope to get lots of pictuers of Island Park! Please keep writing me lots, it really makes everything 10 times better when you get a letter. I love you and I thank you all for your examples, support and your love!

Love always,
Marf

No comments: