Monday, March 21, 2011

Dear Life

Dear Life,


Can I just say, WOW! I mean, really, wow. If you had gone according to my plan, I would be finishing up my student teaching and graduating in Music Education in about a month. And let's be honest, if we were going to go with my plan back then, I'd also be married. Probably to Darrell, hahah. 


But, life, you decided not to go with my plan. Instead, you thought it would be a good idea for me to try three times for the Music Ed major-with no luck. You decided to have me change majors (to something which I totally love, by the way). You then had me move home, after I vowed after the day I moved out-would never, ever, EVER happen. But, I really love it. And I'm glad it happened. 


And now life, you are taking a whole new kind of turn. I knew it was always coming, but I tried to avoid it- a lot. But now, I'm so stinking excited. I can't believe it. I am such a planner, and I think I'm pretty good at it too. But right now, I'm giving up all of my control, to do something really amazing. 


As of yesterday, my papers are officially in to serve a full-time mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. For more information go here --->mormon.org


I will hopefully have my call on March 30, April 6, or if General Conference really does slow these things down, April 13. 


So life, I surrender. However, I hate to break it to you, I don't really think it's surrendering. This is already making me SO happy. I look forward to learning where I get to serve. I look forward to loving new people. I look forward to not looking like a frump now that they changed the clothing guidelines. I'm excited to have to be around 19 year old boys--- WAIT. that's not true. I'm excited to go anywhere to see unfamiliar and beautiful creations. I'm excited to get really great letters from all my friends and family (hint hint). I am excited to share with others all that I have been blessed with. I am just excited. 


Life, I'm excited for you and me and all that we get to do for 18 months. 


Can't wait,
Martha Proctor

8 comments:

MelBroek said...

AHH! Martha, that's so exciting! Congratulations on having me as a friend because I write kick-a letters.

Steph said...

yeyeah! Congrats, yo. Keep us posted on the call. And maybe you'll come to Sao Paulo and we'll feed you din din or something!

Isaac said...

I am so excited to find out where you are going! My guess is that you go to Holland.

Christensen family said...

Dear Martha,
We always knew it was coming and knew you would end up choosing that. We're excited for you and can't wait to see where you'll be going too. Holland sounds great. Marissa would like it. We love you.
Love, Casey, Clint, Landon, & Matthew

Chelsea said...

EEK!! So excited for you! I hope you leave on june 6- this means you get to come to my wedding!!

Melodie said...

too bad you didnt marry darrell...

Stephanie said...

This is amazing!! What a cool experience! I can't wait to hear where you'll be for the next 18 months.

The Rhodehouse's said...

Martha, I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I didn't know you were putting in your papers, but this is great! You will be an awesome missionary! I can't wait to hear where you're going!