Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do you want Hi-C or Hi-C?

Yesterday, I went to Wendy's during my lunch break. I got a happy meal with chicken nuggets and asked for some Hi-C for the drink. The girl taking my order at the drive through asked me if I wanted Hi-C or Hi-C... Umm... Hi-C will be fine. When I get to the pick up window, I see that my drink is brown. Great. Rootbeer. Just what I wanted. Not. Oh well. I went to a nearby park to eat my grub. It was super hot so I grabbed my drink to get a big gulp. I was slightly nervous because what if my drink wasn't rootbeer? It could have been Pepsi or Coke or something like that, and I don't drink caffiene so I wouldn't have a drink if it wasn't rootbeer. As soon as the liquid went up the straw and hit my tongue I was repulsed! This was the sickest thing I had ever tried to drink! It wasn't Pepsi, Coke or even rootbeer. It wasn't sweet. It was super bitter and watered down. I dumped all of it out in the parking lot. I could not figure out what in the heck it was!! I thought maybe the soda machine was broken and the drink wasn't mixed correctly? What other drink even sounded like Hi-C? Why had they asked me twice? I was SO confused. I rummaged through the bag to check for a receipt to see what they put down for my drink. No luck, there was no receipt. I went back to work and thought about it for the next hour and a half and could not wrap my head around it. Then on my drive home, I thought even harder. It was super bitter, not sweet, and watered down. Rhymes with Hi-C....

ICED TEA!!! I started laughing so hard to myself when I realized what it was. So funny. I can't believe people actually drink it. It was DISGUSTING. Maybe it's better if you aren't expecting super sugary rootbeer. Who knows. But my lesson has been learned, I will never drink iced tea again, and I will be a lot clearer when I order at Wendy's.

2 comments:

Clint Christensen said...

That's hilarious, same this happened to me once. My Mom ordered Pepsi and apparently they thought she said Iced Tea, so when she got it she couldn't figure out what was wrong with it and asked me to try it. It's exactly like you said, at first I thought something was wrong with the soda machine, because why would anyone drink that on purpose?

Unknown said...

that's so awesome!