Thursday, March 11, 2010

Project Music

Since November 14, 2009 I have been listening to every single song in my iTunes. I put all of my music into playlists and deleted over 1.5 GB of songs that I decided I hated. Now, nearly 4 months later, I am done!

However, I feel like I don't know how to listen to music. Listening to one artist or one album just seems weird to me. I have gotten so used to just listening to whatever was the next in line. I feel like I'm more open to music though, because instead of listening to whatever I want in the moment, I listen to anything. That could be good or bad. Who knows. Regardless, I'm done. And I'm so glad.

After listening to all of my music, I have grown to like a few people that I didn't originally like. Like such as:

The Feist.
She & Him.
The Perishers.
The Format.
The Weepies.

Which is funny because these are all artists Melodie LOVES. She has a great taste in music.

These are the artists that I loved before and love even more:
Regina Spektor.
Taylor Swift.
Michael Buble.
Sean Kingston.
Owl City.
The Carpenters.
Jason Mraz.
Elvis Presley.
Camera Obscura.

Artists that I still can't stand:
Maroon 5. barf.
Pretty much any whiny screamy boy band.
Jack Johnson. Sorry, just not my style.

No comments: