Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Indecent Proposal



There I was, Monday afternoon walking across campus.
I was at work, and I had just finished moving a projector in the Talmage building.
I race out of the unbelievably bad smelling building and make my way towards the HFAC.
I'm walking fast, my hair blowing in the wind, my little feet shuffling.
When all of the sudden I'm stopped.
"Can I ask you a question?"
This isn't unusual to be stopped while walking across campus, so I comply.
Then, all of the sudden the stranger is down on one knee.
"Will you marry me?"
He holds out a sparkling ring.
Why in the heck are you doing this?
I ask in my mind, then I tell a simple lie:
"Sorry, I'm taken."

5 comments:

Kylar said...

LOve it!

Isaac and Taniel said...

wow Darrell, really? So the only reason that a guy would ask Martha to marry him is because he lost a bet? You are just going to have to accept the fact that Martha IS in fact that beautiful, and random guys stop her and ask her to marry them all the time. It is just a small annoyance in her life that she has to learn to live with.

Michelle said...

I agree with Taniel! Um....but you don't have small feet.

The Shark said...

And there goes Martha's one chance at living the glamorous life of a chick flick story.

Stephanie said...

I totally agree with Taniel... Props to you, Martha, for thinking on your feet! haha I LOVE it.
Oh, and Darrell, I challenge you to have some random girl write an entire blog post based around you. :)