Thursday, November 13, 2008

Flashback





















This morning on my way up to campus, I saw something happening that I had done once before. What was it? You may ask. Well, I'll tell you. I saw a girl riding her bike this pleasant morning, and since it was so pleasant, she didn't need her coat. So she took her coat off and held onto it with her hand, while holding onto the handle bars of the bike. Immediately, I remembered a time in the third grade where I had done the exact same thing riding home from school. It was way too hot in the afternoon to wear a coat, so I took it off. The only way I could even think about carrying my coat was with my hand on the handlebars. Well, unfortunately whilst riding my bike, the coat would swing back and forth. At one point it swung so fast that it went right into the spokes of my front wheel. Yes, you can imagine what happened next. My front wheel stopped turning, thus causing me to do a complete front flip on my bike (p.s. can you imagine how funny this would have been for people watching it? When I get to heaven, this is one of the parts I am going to watch over and over on my life video). I landed face first in the gravel. It roughed me up quite a bit as I had scraped the entire left side of my face with gravel. It was not a fun experience, but looking back, it sure is funny.

Anyway, I remembered that great story this morning with that girl. Hopefully, her fate was not the same as mine. Let this be a warning to you all.

1 comment:

Laralee and Jake said...

That is funny. It reminds me of a time that this same thing happened to me when I was in grade school. I was with a friend when this happened, and while I was on the road trying to recover from my fall, she was laughing hysterically trying to help me. She was saying, "Oh, I wish you could have seen that. You looked so funny." Now as I look back at that experience I do have to laugh because it probably did look pretty funny.