Monday, February 18, 2008

Garbage Bags are this year's sled.


A few weekends ago I came back to my apartment from my sister's house around midnight. I come home to find my roommates and our friend Kyle just sitting there looking for something to do. So we decided that we were going to embrace the snow rather than sit around hating it, and go sledding. The bad news was that we didn't have any sleds. So we got cut-outs of cardboard boxes and we figured we would just put garbage bags over them to make them go fast.




We went on the hill by the Bell Tower and started going down the hill. Later on, I came to find out that by simply wearing the garbage bag, you could go INSANELY fast down the hill. It was great. So we all tried it and had a blast.



Then towards the end, we decided that we needed something more. So we crafted an awesome jump for the bottom of the hill. Now this wasn't the best feeling going down the jump seeing as the only thing between us and the jump was a thin garbage bag, but it sure was fun.

I am almost positive that I won't be using a sled for any more of my snow adventures with my new discovery of garbage bag sledding.


4 comments:

The Shark said...

Good to see you're still hard core, Martha.

Hubble said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Now I know that when my roomates and I get bored, there's always garbage bag sleding waiting for us.

Kyle said...

The garbage bag also works for sliding down wet grass. The only thing that you have to watch out for is the sprinkler heads on the way down.

Kaiti said...

That sounds like a blast. Next time call me! :)