Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rock Climbing




My Brother's and Dad's latest obsession is Rock Climbing. And on Monday I was at home for Family Night. My Dad took us all to Momentum up in Sandy and we went Rock Climbing. We got there and they showed us how to properly belay and then they let us climb! It was a blast! However, I realized that my fear of heights is VERY real, being that I was only able to make it up to the top once because of that fear. But all in all, it was very fun and would enjoy doing it again. Momentum is located next to REI in Sandy. It is 15 dollars for a day pass which includes the harness. It is much bigger than the Quarry which is located in Provo. And this Friday is College Student Night, so you can bring your ID and get in for only 10 dollars!

7 comments:

Christensen family said...

Anyone who has ever driven with you up to Silver Lake will know your fear of heights is real. :) But, I commend you for still making it to the top of the rock wall, that is awesome. Some people would have stopped because they were afraid. :) Good Job.

Kyle said...

My mother has a great fear of heights. So great that when we visited the grand canyon she wouldn't let us too close to the edge for fear of one of us falling. Every time I'm on a ski lift I think of her, and how she would never get on one.

Michelle said...

Rock climbing is for the birds.

Martha said...

How funny. We went to the Grand Canyon when I was like 6, and I did the exact same thing haha. And a ton of people tell me I could never ski because of the ski lifts haha.

Kaiti said...

I am terrified of heights! Sometimes just going down stairs is enough to make me wimper... I have rock climbed before though. It was really fun until i reached the top and had to come down... that's when it turned ugly. JK but it wasn't fun either. So i give you props for doing it.

alyssa said...

That's funny that you mention a fear of heights because that is one thing that kind of holds me back from rock climbing. I have done it before, but get so scared!! haha but it sounds like you had a lot of fun!

I think therefore I am said...

Is your family always that adventurous or is this a one time thing. That is definitely an awesome family night. I glad that you made the experience a positive one. You only made it once, but how many times did you not make it. You focused on having fun, not failure and thats good.