Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Move over HGTV

I have been living in the same house for 2 years now. And, for the last 8 months, I technically should have been using the downstairs bathroom. But, I hated it so much I would just stick with the upstairs one. Now that we have new roommates I thought it was best if I moved down to the bathroom I was supposed to use. But not before making it awesome!

Here is the Before pic:


Let's start from the beginning as to why I hate this.
-Ugliest shower curtain known to man.
-Sick purple color
-You can't really see it in the pic, but the walls were super uneven from everyone trying to plaster holes.
-The "white" is really dingy looking
-The wood cabinets have hopefully seen better days, they look really beat up when you are up close
-The random white wall
-No toilet paper roll holder
-No towel ring for a hand towel
-That sick weird pipe thing by the ceiling
-Really ugly, dirty rug

Ok, now here's what I did:
First, I sanded down all the walls to get rid of all the residue of other people trying to fix the problems
Then I sprayed and orange peel texture all over the walls
Then I removed a lot of the caulking
I painted the fake wood cabinets black
I painted that weird pipe by the ceiling with KILZ anti-mold paint
I painted the walls that purply red. 3 coats
I painted the baseboards
I re-caulked everything
I installed a towel ring and a toilet paper holder thing
I hung up a new cute shower curtain with a clean liner
Laid out the rug
Hung up the hand towel
and VOILA! A new cute bathroom! I really like it now.

9 comments:

MelBroek said...

what a beautiful transformation! It looks great, Marf!

Christensen family said...

Good job. I bet the landlord appreciated it too.

Stephanie said...

SUPER cute!! :) Good job. You should come over and decorate our new apartment! P.S. This little word verification thingy is making me type the word "betos" and I'm reminded of those disgustinly greesy breakfast burritos at that hole in the wall.

Laralee and Jake said...

Wow, nice job. Looks a ton better. The first time I looked at the old picture I thought that the bottom of the shower curtain was covered with mold and soap scum. Then I looked closer and realized that it was suppose to look like that. Yeah, it was a pretty bad shower curtain.

Isaac said...

wow. I am impressed. You are amazing. How did you know how to do all of that stuff?

Michelle said...

WOW! That is awesome. I dare you to itemize your expenses and subtract them from your next month rent and send them a check with the invoice for the remaining amount. Just to see what they say. I bet they wouldn't say a thing. I wouldn't have. That place needed work.

Michelle said...

I would leave out the shower curtain and the rug. Those are more your things, but the rest of it....invoice it up!!!

Michelle said...

If you don't do it, I will be as mad as if I were in the back seat of a van you were driving and you got out of the seat!

Unknown said...

I can tell you have Goodwin blood. When something is ugly we fix it! Didn't you move though.