Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My First Quilt!

With A LOT of help from my mom, I finished my first quilt! I used all of my old t-shirts from high school. I wanted some way to keep them and carrying them around in a bag or something would be just weird, so this was a perfect way to preserve my memories! My mom helped me figure out the layout and helped me cut them into squares. Then I had to iron each square on to some interfacing thing to make it not so floppy. Then I sewed it all together. Then my mom embroidered "Lone Peak Knights" and "Class of 2007." Then I pinned the back to the batting and the top, then my mom used her handy machine and quilted these cute swirly things on it. I love it! It's so comfy and so fun to have. I can't wait to start my college t-shirt quilt! Here it is!



And here is the sweet embroidery job my momma did:

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cool. It is super comfy.

Kylar said...

Power to the Peak!! I love it!